Sign in to follow this  
IvoryValentine01

The 3 Latest Rescues!

So, these 3 were fry of pond fish some people my hubby knows pulled out of their pond and took with them when they moved. they had them in a 50 gallon stock tank on the balcony at their new place. The landlord informed them yesterday it wasn't allowed & unbeknownst to me, Hubby told them I'd take them in. So, imagine my surprise (again) when some people I barely know (again) show up with these 3 lil ones and the 50 gallon stock tank. Anyway, the stock tank has no filtration right now, so I have them in a 30 gallon QT tub running 2 filters. The 2 bubble eyes seem fine altho I am uber paranoid about caring for them (which is why I went with pearlscales for The Alice Tank) but the lil pearlscale has some issue with the corner of it's mouth...looks a bit like it's torn and it did have a large red spot on it's side when it arrived earlier today...but that seems to have lessened greatly in the new, clean QT tub water...maybe it was just stress.

Anyway, here's pics...

Bubbles01_zps321ab07f.jpg

Bubbles02_zps08d9408e.jpg

Bubbles03_zps9ffad91b.jpg

Bubbles04_zps903982d6.jpg

Bubbles05_zps073f3ce5.jpg

Bubbles06_zpsce99fb34.jpg

Bubbles07_zps017c6d4e.jpg

Bubbles08_zps86c466ae.jpg

Bubbles09_zpsdf71d12b.jpg

Bubbles10_zps9c5886ba.jpg

Bubbles11_zps17306bb5.jpg

Bubbles12_zps87f9e42a.jpg

Bubbles13_zpsb3935c56.jpg

Bubbles14_zpsf21d3dd3.jpg

Bubbles15_zpsfe73864b.jpg

Bubbles16_zps6e0ed9ea.jpg

Bubbles17_zps72a7a880.jpg

Bubbles18_zpsc299b5eb.jpg

Bubbles19_zpsd42c82a6.jpg

Bubbles20_zpse38648fe.jpg

Bubbles21_zps2ba1c602.jpg

Bubbles22_zpse08d9396.jpg

Bubbles23_zps721b974d.jpg

Bubbles24_zpsde2ec8b2.jpg

Bubbles25_zps7c5f1e83.jpg

Bubbles26_zpsa96e542b.jpg

& vid of them in their QT...

Cute critters! The video seems to be set to private though.

They are sooooooo cute!

apparently my standard settings for youtube were rebelling against me just then...all better now...set to public...

So tiny and adorable!!

how precious! :)

Those are 3 nice fish to "inherit"! :wub: Its nice of you to take them in ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Very pretty.

I love that little pearlscale! You can send it to my house!

They are very pretty! :)

awww aren't they the cutest :) are they bubble eyes or celestials? seems their eyes are facing upwards?

Nice coloration on those :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Are you quarantining them so you can move them to a tank with other fish? If not, I'd encourage you to put them back in the 50 gallon stock tank. The huge surface area and shallow water makes it perfect for fish like these. If they were using the tank without a filter, it is cycled, or it was cycled if you have let it dry out completely. There is plenty of surface area for nitrifying bacteria in that tank.

Here is a super-simple filtration set up for this tank.

so far, so good. the babies made it through the night all good. The pearlscale seems much better today. no more red on it. altho I'm still trying to determine what happened to it's mouth...some what hard to do with the wiggling about.

awww aren't they the cutest :) are they bubble eyes or celestials? seems their eyes are facing upwards?

they have the bubble eye sacs which is making me crazy paranoid. I've never had fish like them before and I keep thinking I'm going to damage them somehow since about all I know about them is no sharps. to the best of my understanding, their daddy is a bubble eye and their mama is a pearlscale/oranda cross that was born in the same pond some years ago. these are the only 3 babies they pulled out of the pond. I didn't even know it was safe for bubble eyes to live in a pond.

Are you quarantining them so you can move them to a tank with other fish? If not, I'd encourage you to put them back in the 50 gallon stock tank. The huge surface area and shallow water makes it perfect for fish like these. If they were using the tank without a filter, it is cycled, or it was cycled if you have let it dry out completely. There is plenty of surface area for nitrifying bacteria in that tank.

Here is a super-simple filtration set up for this tank.

I'm quarantining them because I'm going to put them in a tank...theoretically with the 2 rescued black moors cuz I'm assuming the lot can live together well. I'm actually tank shopping for them today. Also, I don't think it was cycled. They had the babies in the pond then they moved to their new place with the stock tank only a couple weeks ago. they only had it up for a short time before their landlord got all feisty about them having it.

They are adorable!! :heart

I also love how they are all calico :wub::wub::wub::heart:heart:heart

I wish someone would give me such beautiful fish. Congratulations on the additions to your fin family. :)

You are awesome to rescue these and other fish. Calicos rock. :)

sadly, the little pearlscale passed yesterday afternoon. it seemed better, swimming around and eating but then it was just gone laying at the bottom of the QT tub.

the 2 bubble eyes are doing fine tho...altho they didn't really seem to have any troubles to begin with. I'm still trying to understand them as I know little or nothing about bubble eyes. I've been reading up on them...learning. I'm sure they'll be fine in my care but I still worry I might break them. And in keeping with the most recent tradition of naming fish after characters from Tiffany Reisz books, I have named them Zack (the darker calico) and Mick (the lighter one).