Garlic Guard

anogoodrabblerouser

I have a bottle of Garlic Guard at home and I was wondering how often I should use it and how? It's to boost immunity, right?

One of the active ingredients in garlic, allicin, can have antimicrobial and other beneficial effects. However, my understanding is that it is a very unstable molecule, and chances are it will have already degraded in these products. Nevertheless, it's not bad, and at the very least will be a strong attractant for the goldfish. Use it everyday if you wish.

I don't use Garlic Guard, but I do feed NLS Thera-A to my fish. It's not the main staple, but is part of a rotating group of food. :)

They had it at a pet store in Lansing.

Someone who keeps fish told me that you could also mince up garlic and feed it to them, is that true?

Some people have done this as well. :)

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. Fresh garlic would contain allicin, and would be an excellent of giving it to the fish, compared to the soaked food, and extruded pellets.

Having said that, all things in moderation, and in due course. :)

LOL yes, now I understand. Thank you. :)

My answer is that our taste buds and goldfish tastebuds are not the same, so it doesn't make sense to do that sort of comparison. The other thing is that from the real life experience of some trusted fishkeepers here, I can say with a fair degree of confidence that it's alright to feed.

I was thinking more about their digestion than their tastebuds. I've heard spices and spicy food is bad for most animals and that's why I asked. But if it's been tested it should indeed be fine. :D Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I was thinking more about their digestion than their tastebuds. I've heard spices and spicy food is bad for most animals and that's why I asked. But if it's been tested it should indeed be fine. :D Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's quite alright. :)

Here you go.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/244977-the-benefits-of-eating-raw-garlic-cloves/#page=1

Mine attack garlic like it's the holy grail of food! :D It's a treat for before WCs, though, as it's pretty potent in smell. :o

If I fed garlic to my fish and made the tank smell like it my boyfriend would just say they were part of the family now. We love the smell of garlic :rofl guess we're not vampires.... :o