antibiotic food

saltdiscus

Hi

I looked all over website. If u have a fish being fed antibiotic food.can u feed other food like vege and pellets. Some ppl says u only have to feed antibiotic food only.dont feed other food.

This is the food I am feeding right now.http://www.angelsplus.com/FlakeMedAntibiotic.htm

I would stick with just the antibiotic food. :D

What fish are you treating with this food and for what condition? :idont

It had a small cut and its not healing.i suspect it might be ulcer or tumor. I did the salt and I am changing water everyday. Everything is 0 when I test the water. Its my fat ranchu he eats swim and everything is normal except the cut not healing.

I would stick with just the antibiotic food. :D

What fish are you treating with this food and for what condition? :idont

It had a small cut and its not healing.i suspect it might be ulcer or tumor. I did the salt and I am changing water everyday. Everything is 0 when I test the water. Its my fat ranchu he eats swim and everything is normal except the cut not healing.

Now that you have begun treatment you should continue, however it is best to get a second and third opinion before starting medicated foods. It is relatively rare that these are needed in most cases, especially for an external issue. We try to be careful to only use meds when absolutely necessary because some of these antibiotics (like the kanamycin the food has that you linked) can be tough on the kidneys.

I did fill up the forum but I was suggested water change which I followed. There was no any positive results. I wwnt to the lfs and showed the pic and that medication was suggested by a person working there.i was scared when he said it might be a tumor so I started medicated food from yesterday. Thoe the guy said for 5 days but on the package its written for 10 days.i am kind of confused how many days.the good news is I feel the cut is getting better with the food.now I just hqve to wait until I update the results. If this doesnt work I have no idea what to do.here is the link to orginal water change treatment. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/112389-scar-on-goldfish-confused/

I understand, and the most important thing is how is your fish?

Let's finish the course of medication as directed on the label, and as others have pointed out, the fish is to have medicated food only, and none to very little of other types of food.

Good luck, and please do update us on the health of your fish!

Let's finish the course of medication as directed on the label, and as others have pointed out, the fish is to have medicated food only, and none to very little of other types of food.

thanks man i will update here.i just reached my house and see the fish doing well.it looks like its starting to heal.i hope it works.should i also use salt with the antibiotic?

thanks man i will update here.i just reached my house and see the fish doing well.it looks like its starting to heal.i hope it works.should i also use salt with the antibiotic?

No need for salt. :)