Too hot?

Ele

So, yesterday my air conditioning system broke! It's so hot in the house and I've tried everything to cool off my aquarium. I've frozen bottles and put them in my aquarium, but they melt so quick. I have even tried fans and the temp. on my thermometer is over 80. Will Nibbles be ok for a couple more days? The water is evaporating like crazy as well. Any suggestions?

You won't want to add anything frozen. It will cause temperature fluctuations, and it won't do much. I would honestly keep the tank as it is. Although 80 isn't comfortable, the fish should tolerate it. Just let us know if Nibbles acts uncomfortable. :)

Edited by teleSC

Ok! Thank you so much for the quick reply. I'll make sure not to add anything else frozen to my aquarium anymore.. It's only temporary, the air conditioner should be up and running in a couple more days, Also, should I feed her like normal? Or less/more?

80 degrees is fine for goldfish. They probably are hungrier than usual because their metabolism is faster when it's warmer. If you don't have an airstone in your tank, now is a good time to add one since warm water holds less oxygen.

80 degrees is fine for goldfish. They probably are hungrier than usual because their metabolism is faster when it's warmer. If you don't have an airstone in your tank, now is a good time to add one since warm water holds less oxygen.

The air stone will also aid in cooling the tank.

Ok, I just put one in my tank and I'll feed them as normal.

What is the tank temp?

I'm not to sure because it's above 82 (which is the highest my thermometer goes)

Should I leave the top off? Would that help cool it as well?