Flexible Bubble Wand Q

terris

I set up a flexible bubble wand in my 40 gallon tank but the bubbles come out way too fast! Is there such a thing as a flow meter or clamp I can put on the tubing to slow it down? It looks much faster than the YouTube videos I have seen and the bubbles are tiny.

The pump is a Tetra Whisper 60. The wand is 36".

Thanks.

If you get a spliter it can be used to slow it down. Also if you use a pin and poke holes in the tube till you have it slowed how you want it works too. Just put a few in it at a time and wait a few minutes before you add more.

I would just go back to the store and look around where all the air pump supplies were. I don't think I've ever seen one for a single line, but I once had a t-valve that had dials which controlled the flow.

I'm sure someone else here has more solid advice. Maybe stuff a teeny pebble in the valve or a drop of superglue in it, making sure it's not close off completely. Or a small clip on the tubing :idont

There's gotta be a way! :teehee

I slow my air flow by using one of these http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/121334/hairclip.gif on the tubing :)

Really? I wouldn't think they would have enough pressure but I will try it! First, the hair clip gizmo and if that doesn't work, the pin hole trick. (Thanks, Hidr).

Jenzaar, They had nothing in pump supplies or online. Seems like a simple thing, right? Thanks, you guys.

I have some kind of regulator/adjuster or what ever I'm supposed to call it on mine. I think Sera is the manufacturer and I got it in a set containing the regulator, a check valve, an air-stone and some tubing. However, I suppose you won't need a whole set.. Maybe they sell them as separates?

Either way, it's a tiny blue thing you attach to the tubing, it has a wheel you use to regulate the flow.

But I'm sure there's a cheaper alternative out there, maybe something you could just DIY.

I have some kind of regulator/adjuster or what ever I'm supposed to call it on mine. I think Sera is the manufacturer and I got it in a set containing the regulator, a check valve, an air-stone and some tubing. However, I suppose you won't need a whole set.. Maybe they sell them as separates?

Either way, it's a tiny blue thing you attach to the tubing, it has a wheel you use to regulate the flow.

The wheeled thing is exactly what I need. I Googled Sera products but no luck. If I knew what it was actually called, it would help. Anyone have any ideas?

I tried the hair clip - nothing.

I tried punching holes in the line which made the bubbles larger but did nothing for the rate of flow. Ken from Dandy Orandas said his fish are kept in static conditions and a bubble wand makes the water too turbulent. (He also said to block the flow from the HOB filter.) I would really like to keep the wand if I can get the flow rate adjusted to slow. Your help is appreciated!

Brilliant. This is an add on item only so I will wait until I get something else. Thanks so much. Meanwhile do any of you have DO fish and use a bubble wand?

Brilliant. This is an add on item only so I will wait until I get something else. Thanks so much. Meanwhile do any of you have DO fish and use a bubble wand?

Those should be available at your LFS, too.

I've had DO fish and used a wand. I don't understand what you're trying to correlate between the two, though. :idont Hoover never had issues with the wand.

I've had DO fish and used a wand. I don't understand what you're trying to correlate between the two, though. :idont Hoover never had issues with the wand.

Because my wand is too forceful. I mentioned this to Ken from Dandy Orandas said don't use a wand at all and that his fish do not do well is turbulent water anyway. That is the correlation between the two and I thought it was interesting point to share. Thanks very much.