Show me your Oranda please

Why is this thread not more active?  Previous posters should give update photos of their orandas!

Just got first goldies a few weeks ago, husband picked out...and named this one Chocolate (for the bronze hued coloration).  I think its a female but not sure, hubby wants it to be a boy ^^

005_zpsg1wojpy0.jpg

Pardon the reflection.

Thats a very pretty Blue Oranda :)

Thank you ^^

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speckles is soooo pretty!!! [emoji7]

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Need to get some decent in focus shots of my 2 new ones, for now here's a bagged shot when they first got home and saw all the ripariums/aquaponic tank.

011_zps3abp7cse.jpg

aka Sid Fishious:

love the name

I think I can see a wee bit too. Sooo... Is a goldfish a fantail if it is a wen less oranda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I can see a wee bit too. Sooo... Is a goldfish a fantail if it is a wen less oranda?

Sorry weird multi posting going on :yikes

For what its worth my orandas mouths are angles slightly different (more up turned-makes face look a bit more flat) from my fantail (but more down turned, mouth gives a little bit more point to the face from side profile) but she may be a fantail x ryukin mix.  I've not closely examined other fantails close up to know if she's an anomaly/defect or if that's common form.

Edited by AquaAurora

I really wonder about the entire thing. Idk how big Randy may get, he's currently 12-13 grams, but let's say he gets 60 grams. If he STILL has no wen, does he count as an Oranda? Idk anything about Orandas! In his first photo, I thought I may have seen a ghost wen, but now there's just a smooth head.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful fish guys!

yeah, I thought there must be some other indicators or traits that make an oranda but IDK what they are, kind of cool and worth doing a little more research on my part :thumbup2:

BTW MJ you have lovely long nails!

Edited by Speckles

Randy is definitely mixed with something. She's growing LONGER rather than more compact and there's no wen at all. Thanks Speckles. Before I started keeping fish, my nails were even longer. The water multiple times a week with scrubbing glass and washing media and just checking fish and stuff, they get soft and some break. I'm scared to out the waterproof stuff on them for fear of hurting the fish.

:teehee You have so many fish now! Thems the breaks (excuse the pun) :yikes

And I'm SO hoping to find one I like at the show, too. I mainly collect the forgotten fish from mass merchandiser tanks, so it's easy to have too many. Poor little mites.

Yes. He had no pigment. He's a little puppy fish too [emoji813]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just bought my first oranda a couple wks ago. I named her Quinn :) She is still in qt so the tank is not pretty but she is :happydance

7esaqa7u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

This was Quinn when I first got him

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk