Sign in to follow this  
dnalex

I Bought a Few More Plants :P

So, now that I've decided to have plants again, I am just revving up to add plants to the tank. I'm only going to have anubias for now, so I went to Petsmart and Petco to get a few more.

What do you think? :rofl

Here's the full shot of the 100 gallons

Full100_zps1cf2dea1.jpg

Left side

100L_zps08107ad3.jpg

Right side

100R_zpse43bdc04.jpg

Full shot of the 55. (It's a bit barren right now, but we'll get there soon!) :)

Full55_zps4142dd8a.jpg

Left side

55L_zps5395e054.jpg

Right side

55R_zpsb5875ddb.jpg

These plants are all glued onto rocks. Any suggestions on other low-light plants that I can glue? I'm addicted! :rofl

Thanks for looking! :)

This was the 100 before adding new plants

FullTank-Reduced_zpsaf246a58.jpg

and the 55 before adding plants. :)

102_zpsb32485e6.jpg

I spy with my little eye UnaBuna and The Stakos. :rofl

Looks excellent! You can also glue java fern. I have 2 varieties, justdontbask me what they are. :rofl. I got hem in the tubes at Petsmart. Windelov and regular ole java fern? :idont

:clapping:

Way to go! They look awesome :D Like fantailfan, I'd suggest java fern. The regular one would look great in your tank!

I love both of your tanks. It looks like you bought lots of plants this time. :) I love all of your fish also. You have a bright collection. I love the "yellows" in the fish.

They look great alex!! Your chus look a lot larger than mine D: No fair. Mine gotta catch up, I'm going to lecture them tomorrow!

Who are you?! :rofl

It looks really vibrant! I think a narrow leaf java fern would look quite nice. When they fill out they remind me of an anemone dancing in the current. :)

Of course, it's stunning! I can't wait to help you pick more. :D

Looks great Alex!!!!

I spy with my little eye UnaBuna and The Stakos. :rofl

Looks excellent! You can also glue java fern. I have 2 varieties, justdontbask me what they are. :rofl. I got hem in the tubes at Petsmart. Windelov and regular ole java fern? :idont

:clapping:

:rofl Thank you.

There were java fern at both the Pets, so I might run out there tomorrow to see.

(Did you see Thing 1 AND Thing 2 right next to each other? :rofl)

Way to go! They look awesome :D Like fantailfan, I'd suggest java fern. The regular one would look great in your tank!

Thank you! :)

I will definitely look into java fern. I really like the idea of gluing things to rocks. Easier to remove and to clean. :)

I love both of your tanks. It looks like you bought lots of plants this time. :) I love all of your fish also. You have a bright collection. I love the "yellows" in the fish.

Thank you, Cheryl! :)

They look great alex!! Your chus look a lot larger than mine D: No fair. Mine gotta catch up, I'm going to lecture them tomorrow!

Thanks, MK! :)

How big are your chus now? I'd love to see them, and I bet that they aren't smaller at all! :D

Those plants are beautiful!

Thank you! :)

Who are you?! :rofl

It looks really vibrant! I think a narrow leaf java fern would look quite nice. When they fill out they remind me of an anemone dancing in the current. :)

:rofl

I really like how green it looks now, too, and I like that I can easily take them out to wipe them off, if needed. :rofl

I'll definitely look for narrow leaf java fern. :)

Of course, it's stunning! I can't wait to help you pick more. :D

Yes, help me! :rofl

Thank you! :D

Looks great Alex!!!!

Thanks, Mikey! :)

Holy Toledo Batman!!!! :tbanana I never get sick of looking at your photos! Every time I look I see something new :o The plants are wonderful! :) And your fish are show stoppers and always!! :thumbup2: Who is that red/white comet? I like him :)

Beautiful!!!

I agree with Dan, get some narrow leaf java fern, I personally think it is the prettiest out of all java ferns and they look really cool in large bunches together (see large bunch on right in pic below..... this tank below would actually be a great goldfish tank :P)

125full_071808.jpg

I love the windelov ferns, they are almost kind of a combo wavy leaf variety. They are my absolute favorites of the ferns. The narrow leaf is nice too. They are in the middle front of my tank pic, I only have a couple right now but I will get more.

Looks great Alex!!!

Edited by CindiL

I love the windelov ferns, they are almost kind of a combo wavy leaf variety. They are my absolute favorites of the ferns. The narrow leaf is nice too. They are in the middle front of my tank pic, I only have a couple right now but I will get more.

Looks great Alex!!!

Can I see some closeups of your narrow leaf? That's the one variety that I do not have, and I think my tank really needs more plants. :rofl3

I love the windelov ferns, they are almost kind of a combo wavy leaf variety. ?They are my absolute favorites of the ferns. ?The narrow leaf is nice too. ?They are in the middle front of my tank pic, I only have a couple right now but I will get more.

?

Looks great Alex!!!

I got some of those from Petsmart!

And yay!!!! Alec is back into plants!!!!

It looks great, Alex!! It brightens up the tank. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Make sure you are getting different varieties of anubias. That will add some interest. The small, chaining variety (is that nana? I don't know the names) will almost become a bush or groundcover with enough time. If you want height, get a taller variety and stick on a taller rock, and it will look like you have a canopy. :)

I agree that you should try java fern too. Petco sells some in the tank attached to rattan rings and those are cool. LFSs often sell java fern mats, and those are nice and green.

Wow Alex! Stunning!! :D Java Fern would look great in there! You're making me think I need more anubias in my tank.... hmmmmm

Holy Toledo Batman!!!! :tbanana I never get sick of looking at your photos! Every time I look I see something new :o The plants are wonderful! :) And your fish are show stoppers and always!! :thumbup2: Who is that red/white comet? I like him :)

Thank you, Aubrey! :)

The red/white is The Stakos, who has not been properly introduced to the forum. :rofl

Beautiful!!!

I agree with Dan, get some narrow leaf java fern, I personally think it is the prettiest out of all java ferns and they look really cool in large bunches together (see large bunch on right in pic below..... this tank below would actually be a great goldfish tank :P)

125full_071808.jpg

Thanks, Jess!

I am definitely going to get some. :D

Looks great Alex!!!

Thank you, Cindi! Ferns are on the list. :)

Looks great Alex!!!

I got some of those from Petsmart!

And yay!!!! Alec is back into plants!!!!

Yay! :rofl

It looks great, Alex!! It brightens up the tank. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Make sure you are getting different varieties of anubias. That will add some interest. The small, chaining variety (is that nana? I don't know the names) will almost become a bush or groundcover with enough time. If you want height, get a taller variety and stick on a taller rock, and it will look like you have a canopy. :)

I agree that you should try java fern too. Petco sells some in the tank attached to rattan rings and those are cool. LFSs often sell java fern mats, and those are nice and green.

Thank you! I do have a few varieties in there, and I am getting more. I want to order the bigger ones, especially since the Pets most likely won't have them. Tammy showed me what Carole got, and I may order as well. :)

Oh man, I just found this! Look at this all-anubias tank! It's gorgeous!!

http://www.dustinsfishtanks.com/aquarium-plant-species/1107/

It's beautiful!!!

If I have that many plants, I would have to evict all but two goldfish, but that wouldn't be bad at all. :rofl

Wow Alex! Stunning!! :D Java Fern would look great in there! You're making me think I need more anubias in my tank.... hmmmmm

Thanks, Mel! :)

Yes! More plants! :rofl

looks beautiful Alex :)

Thank you, Shelly! :D

Looking good Alex! I love the length of the 100 gallon.

Thank you, Carole! :)

I think this 100 is somewhat akin to the 40B in the sense that it is much wider than the other standard tanks and not as tall. I love it.

I got 2 Java ferns and a Windelov yesterday. I will be adding more. I have plenty of rocks, and glue, left. :rofl

Those plants look really good and vibrant! The plants at my local pet stores look nothing like what yours carries. ;_;

Those plants look really good and vibrant! The plants at my local pet stores look nothing like what yours carries. ;_;

Thank you! We are really fortunate in our Petco and Petsmart here. They are here to make money, but they are also quite honest. :)

I got even more plants lol