Crazy resistant anchor worms.

scurrie

This forum is very active. You blink, and whole pages will appear. :rofl

The metronidazole is one of the components of Metro-Meds, with three other antibiotics missing. Metronidazole just happens to be so useful in so many things, I just don't want for it to lose its effectiveness for when you might actually need it.

Right now, we just need the chitin inhibitor, so if we can get single ingredient dimilin or cyropro, that's best.

If and when you do pull the worms out, just make sure your tank is salted to 0.3%, and that should take care of things. Neosporin is fine of course, but optional. :)

I use neosporin on anything. I have this problem with it, I feel like its a cure all :P But I have this really ghetto pet shop that sells all these antibiotics and medications for fish in my town, I'm gonna run by there tomorrow and see if they have it, if they do, I'll grab it and not have to spend money on shipping! Wee!

Thank you for all your help :] You've really been great!

what is nls ?

New Life Spectrum

it's a brand of goldfish food recommended on this forum a lot. It's a really good quality food from what I've heard.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Life-Spectrum-Goldfish-Formula/dp/B0002E7JG2/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1376093136&sr=1-1&keywords=new+life+spectrum+goldfish

EDIT: Tele got to it first. :wa

:rofl

...but you were more specific :rofl

Alright, sorry to post in this again, but I think I just came up with a crazy, possible idea.

I ordered the cyropro offline today, and the shipping for within a week was 30 dollars, so I chose the ground shipping for 7 and then after I purchased it, it said it would be here in 4-8 WEEKS. WHAT!?

I'm just going to assume that my fish aren't going to make it without it for that long.

SO. Here is my idea. I'm going to pull as many of the "safe" spot worms that I can. I haven't seen any more "anchor" on to the fish, my black moor has less today. I think I can get all but 5 of them which are located in his tail and eyes. Since the anchor worms have chitin, what would happen if I cut them in half? Exposing their insides to the treatments in the water? If I snipped off half of them and discarded it, but left the other half in, would that kill them? Opinions?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Well, here's the thing. The anchor worms really only needed to be treated for major infestations only. While yours might be considered major, we can work around it. Just pull out the suckers (entirely), and throw them away. Salt the tank really well, and treat with Tetra Parasite Guard (2 doses). Then we leave it be, to see if more show up.

But you must pull them all out, and leave the fish in 0.3% salt, so that the wounds don't become infected.

DON'T LAUGH AT ME :[ :P

Ok. I just pulled everything but the ones on his eyes. His tail bled like crazy, I just don't know how to do the ones on his eyes. I mean I guess they're better out than in but I'M SCARED.

My roommates were just laughing at me because I had my glasses on the tip of my nose with a knocked out fish in a bowl of water pulling out anchor worms, they thought I was being ridiculous. But hey, when I need to be a fish surgeon, I need to look as professional as possible.

He's still out because I just finished so I'll just go pull his eye ball worms and update ya'll. Now should I do anything with the open ones that are bleeding or just leave them be?

Hahah, thank you!

ALRIGHT! Eye ball worms were terrifying and were SOMEHOW anchored in way more than the others. BUT, they didn't even bleed :clapping:

The Petsmart that gave me these darn worms has the meds I need, I will pick them up tomorrow before I go to work, the salt is in the tank, he just had a nice coat of neosporin put on all his little bleeding wounds and he just ate a nice meal of frozen bloodworms, thawed to perfection :P Looks like that barely phased him.

I didn't bother knocking Pepper out, she only had one. She didn't seemed to be phased either.

Thank you SO MUCH, to EVERYONE who helped me out. Now hopefully I will see NO MORE of those nasty little creatures and they can start to heal and TAKE PICTURES :D :D :D

You're doing a fantastic job with your fish! I hope they feel better soon and aaaallllll those worms dieeeee! :rude:

Btw, I love my local (Is an hour "local"...?) Petco.

Their goldfish selection isn't the best, but one of the managers there is so super helpful. All their fish always look happy and I love how interactive their birds are. :P

The goldfish selection is awful in mine! That's why I bought from Petsmart! First fish purchase I've ever made there and they gave me parasites. I buy all of my fish from my Petco, I mean, I'm the one that knows what goes on in those tanks :P

Thank you :]