Eggs?

britbrit916

Hello. so today I woke up to find little mystery things on the bottom of my tank. I am unsure if they are eggs or something else. I know that my unnamed calico is a boy and I think that tangerine is a girl. Yesterday I did a 80% water change and I think that may be what triggered spawning.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/britm921/Eggs/eggs3_zps377b8e03.jpg

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u608/britm921/Eggs/eggs2_zpsa3fd04be.jpg

Im sorry that the pictures are kinda hard to see they were the best I can do.

Does any one have any ideas of what it might be?

• Supporter

they are a little hard to see, but they do resemble fish eggs :D

head to the breeding section if you are thinking of raising fry, there are a lot of handy tips there as well as other members who recorded online diaries from spawning to raising their fry.

alternatively, if you would prefer to not raise the fry, allow your fish to eat up as many as they can in about half an hour, then siphon the rest out. be sure to scrub the base of your tank as any unfertilized eggs will not delay in spoiling. they can be unhealthy for your fish to eat once they begin to spoil.

a fertilized egg will normally remain clear, a non fertilized egg will turn opaque and begin to spoil :)

they are a little hard to see, but they do resemble fish eggs :D

head to the breeding section if you are thinking of raising fry, there are a lot of handy tips there as well as other members who recorded online diaries from spawning to raising their fry.

alternatively, if you would prefer to not raise the fry, allow your fish to eat up as many as they can in about half an hour, then siphon the rest out. be sure to scrub the base of your tank as any unfertilized eggs will not delay in spoiling. they can be unhealthy for your fish to eat once they begin to spoil.

a fertilized egg will normally remain clear, a non fertilized egg will turn opaque and begin to spoil :)

Eggs! I dont know if im ready to be a mom! :krazy::laugh:

Part of me wants to see if I can raise them but I don't have any room for when they become adults.