Amano Shrimp

MummyDJ

After the death of Mr.Fishy, I put the 10g through a course of general tonic as a precaution.

As the ph was so high, I then set to sorting that with the addition of CO2 and a piece of driftwood.

The Ph levelled out nice and quickly and my plants started recovering from a sorry state I hadn't realised they were in.

So with my tank doing so well my thoughts turned to inhabitants. I knew I wanted shrimp as the tank is in desperate need of tidying up, so I went to the LFS.

There in a display tank were some shrimp labelled Jarponica Shrimp. I loved them and brought 4 home. After some research, found out that their common name is amano shrimp and my tank just happens to be ideal. ^_^

So, without further ado, I present my shrimp!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pictures were uploaded to instagram which is why they have borders and the like. Lol

Shrimp are soo interesting, I've always wondered what it's like having some.

How do you go about siphoning and stuff? Can't you suck one up by accident since they're so tiny?

That's what I was worried about during the water change last night but I kept the syphon almost flat against the glass with my hand circling the edge.

When a shrimp got close to my hand, they either shot away from me or I lifted the syphon out quickly.

Waste I sucked out with a syringe.