Porsche the Pearlscale

I picked up this darling of a baby for my wife. She took one look at the tiny fish and promptly named it Porsche. I asked her why, and her exact words were "She's got a big butt like a stripper." Then put on "Twerk It" on youtube and told me to watch the fish swim. I couldn't stop laughing!

Here she is adjusting to her new home for the next few weeks.

She's eating the bubbles in her bag LOL

1098504_4646000722959_861967631_n.jpg

1003910_4646000522954_1959529951_n.jpg

1148779_4646000682958_245127574_n.jpg

969616_4645998642907_1740708052_n.jpg

Edited by NeonVodka

:rofl your wife is awesome. I love Porsche! What a gorgeous fish. Her colors are so bright and that bootay is fine! :rofl

@Sherry: Yes, she did. I originally went in to get some beefheart for Peach, and saw the teeny pearlscales. My wife had been talking about getting one for years, but didn't want to order them online.

Here's a video once I gave her about six hours to herself. I've got the bubbler stuffed into a plant to help with the bubble current and have a sponge to damper the flow coming from her filter. I also took a water bottle and put it over the end of the filter intake so she wouldn't get sucked in. There's enough room around the bottom for water to go in, but not a little thing like Porsche. I'm using Spongebob's house to act as a current break and she's got little piles of rock to nestle behind if she gets tired.

And I will tell you, she can suck up some flakes! You can kind of see that in the video as she chases them around.

4trbjr.jpg

Edited by NeonVodka

• Supporter

0:08... OMG... i died laughing!! how adorable :wub: :wub: that was the pearlie speed swimming move! :rofl:tomuch:

better watch she doesn't get stuck in that pinapple hole & we have a new homer simpson nuclear plant episode :teehee

@Sherry: Yes, she did. I originally went in to get some beefheart for Peach, and saw the teeny pearlscales. My wife had been talking about getting one for years, but didn't want to order them online.

Well she is just darling I notice two of my petcos have tanks for pearlscales but never see any in there so I called them both up today and they said they would order them for next week so hopefully they will get some. I also was looking at dandy orandas goldfish and they had some gorgeous pearlscales but they were huge and I didnt think it would be fair to all my other fish who I purchased as babies to watch grow so I didnt want to order one either.

:D

Edited by Sherry

Where do you live Sherry? I'm down in Mississippi and we've got a huge fishery in Arkansas that's about two hours away. My LFS got the pearlies in about two weeks ago. Porsche was one of the ones that was there last time. They don't seem to be shipping them quickly anywhere. :hummm

Edited by NeonVodka

Where do you live Sherry? I'm down in Mississippi and we've got a huge fishery in Arkansas that's about two hours away. My LFS got the pearlies in about two weeks ago. Porsche was one of the ones that was there last time. They don't seem to be shipping them quickly anywhere. :hummm

I live in Imperial Missouri just outside of st. Louis. The guy at petco did say it is the end of the season for them so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I picked up this darling of a baby for my wife. She took one look at the tiny fish and promptly named it Porsche. I asked her why, and her exact words were "She's got a big butt like a stripper." Then put on "Twerk It" on youtube and told me to watch the fish swim. I couldn't stop laughing!

That's too funny. I'd like to come over and make it rain romaine up in that tank. :P Yay, my first use of goldfish humor. :D