Lake bottom tank

MummyDJ

Firstly, excuse the cloudiness in the pictures. I've just done a wc.

As some of you know, i'm aiming for my tank to eventually look like the bottom of a pond/lake.

I'm not "planting" anything in this tank, technically, as all the plants are attached to rocks or wood. Mainly because my substrate is only sand.

The cave will get covered with moss, as will a couple of the stones.

Any further suggestions welcome. :-)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you. ^_^

My ferns are constantly sprouting babies so i'll never be short of either type.

I like that I can remove all the plants and decor so I can get all the mess up on a weekly basis and shuffle round whenever I feel like it... Quite a novelty for a tank with live plants. :)

It's a curved roof tile. You know the curved ones that run a ridge along the point of a roof?

I think they're called roof ridge tiles.

It's a 36gallon at just shy of 4 foot long. :)

Thank you. ^_^

My ferns are constantly sprouting babies so i'll never be short of either type.

I like that I can remove all the plants and decor so I can get all the mess up on a weekly basis and shuffle round whenever I feel like it... Quite a novelty for a tank with live plants. :)

Looks nice :) Looking forward to seeing the moss on the cave. Very clever idea, will you super glue it? What kind of moss? like a marimo moss ball opened up and laid flat? that sort of thing? I have been thinking it would be fun to attach moss to a rock formation ornament in my tank so I will be curious how you do it.

I do the same thing with all my plants at this point. Being able to move and shuffle is under rated :lol3

It looks great! I don't know if you want to go this route, but you could maybe get away with some glass fragments that have been worn down by water? My mum used to collect some and it could add a few more colours. Not technically 'natural' though.

Looks nice :) ?Looking forward to seeing the moss on the cave. ?Very clever idea, will you super glue it? What kind of moss? ?like a marimo moss ball opened up and laid flat? that sort of thing? ?I have been thinking it would be fun to attach moss to a rock formation ornament in my tank so I will be curious how you do it.

I do the same thing with all my plants at this point. ?Being able to move and shuffle is under rated? :lol3

I was thinking of Christmas moss or flame moss if I can get hold of any. Otherwise java.

I will more than likely super glue but i'm curious about the yoghurt, moss, blend and spread method. Though, I don't think it works on an already flooded tank...