Sunny is "Out For Delivery"!

Jeana727

Awwwwww they are SOOOOOOOOOO cute!! Thanks!! Are yours big? Mine is a big ole fellow (no sure about gender..Cynthia said to early to tell) He is about 6 months old.

Maybe EVERYONE can post a 'Chu!!!!!

Edited by Jeana727

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE WORST HAS HAPPENED :cry When I went in to check on Sunny this morning ........he was dead! My heart is broken. I was doing a perfect QT. (I felt good after having a successful QT with 30 Cents. I thought if I could get a fish from a Feeded Tank thru QT with flying colors this would be a breeze!)

The only thing that MIGHT be a clue is that Sunny seemed skittish from the start. I kept her tank mostly covered to allow her time to relax & get comfortable. I would carefully uncover the tank now & then & sit there reading or just watching her now & then to help her get used to me. I did give her time through out the day with it uncovered to let her have ambient light.

My heart is just broken. I could not wait to have this beautiful fish move into my big tank.

Thanks Helen, that means alot. I have gone over EVERYTHING (several times ) & I fully believe I did everything I could on my end.

(I am a 55 year old grandma..............and I WANNA CRY!!)

Thank you for your responses, I am SO sad about lil' Sunny not making it. She was beautiful!

I just had a VERY nice conversation with Cynthia at ECR. She is going to give me time to clean out my QT tank & resit it. Then when all is well she will replace my Ranchu. This made me feel a little better.

Right now I am running bleach thru the tank. After a little while I will clean everything real good & dry it all out. Then I will sit it up again & do the cycle thing. ALL fresh & clean!!!!!

It is in the kitchen. Cynthia & I talked about this, There aren't any "dangers" there or near there. (Hubby & I rarely actually SIT at the table....we use TV trays.)

• Admin

It is in the kitchen. Cynthia & I talked about this, There aren't any "dangers" there or near there. (Hubby & I rarely actually SIT at the table....we use TV trays.)

What Im wondering hun... do you cook with teflon pots and pans?

What Im wondering hun... do you cook with teflon pots and pans?

That's a good point, my family used to have budgerigars and we had to avoid using them if they were ever near the kitchen :)

Well, I often DO use those pans.(although my big tank is in the living room & right up to the entrance to the kitchen & has NEVER been a problem. But the past few days have not....my hubby has picked up our dinner on his way home cause he was working odd hours. And while I'm home alone I have been having cereal for breakfast & a sandwich for lunch. And usually overheating the pans causes the problem & I haven't done that in a LONG time.

Oh My goodness! I don't think I can do that! I have NEVER done such a thing!! Even in school science class!!!

Edited by Jeana727

Just cut him open??? What then?? Do I just cut from one end to the other????

Edited by Jeana727