Sign in to follow this  
AnnaMNR

Stocking my new 55

Well, I'll have Sereph my white oranda, I'm going to order a calico ranchu...that leaves a spot open. What kind of goldfish should I get?

Where are you ordering the calico ranchu from? if you don't mind me asking. And I think you should get another ranchu. I think 2 ranchus and 1 oranda would look nice in a 55 :) maybe a Ryukin if you come across a nice one.

Where are you ordering the calico ranchu from? if you don't mind me asking. And I think you should get another ranchu. I think 2 ranchus and 1 oranda would look nice in a 55 :) maybe a Ryukin if you come across a nice one.

A lfs is ordering it for me so that I don't have to pay shipping costs. He's ordering his fish in two months and he'll order mine too. I'll consider having him grab me two ranchu. What colors are you thinking?

Already having a white and a calico fish, I'd go for an orange or a red and white fish. Just for the variety :)

Already having a white and a calico fish, I'd go for an orange or a red and white fish. Just for the variety :)

Sounds good! They would complement each other well. Maybe a sakura ranchu, I've always been fond of those <3

Any other opinions on what I should get? I just want a lot of viewpoints lol

I personally would get a completely different type of fish. A telescope would be cute with your ranchu and oranda; or if you rather not have a tele, then maybe a ryukin or a fantail.

I don't know what all your LFS can order for you, but each of these would be very neat additions to your current fish.

An orange/red and white pearlscale would also look incredibly cute with your guys.

Or a chocolate pom pom with orange pom poms <3 <3 <3 that one is still on my personal wishlist as well :rofl

EDIT: But with pom pom there is always the thing that you want to see the fish before ordering/purchase. I'm picky with pom poms and wouldn't want one with uneven poms or with some that look like they are about to fall off.

Just saying. :D

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

I personally would get a completely different type of fish. A telescope would be cute with your ranchu and oranda; or if you rather not have a tele, then maybe a ryukin or a fantail.

I don't know what all your LFS can order for you, but each of these would be very neat additions to your current fish.

An orange/red and white pearlscale would also look incredibly cute with your guys.

Or a chocolate pom pom with orange pom poms <3 <3 <3 that one is still on my personal wishlist as well :rofl

EDIT: But with pom pom there is always the thing that you want to see the fish before ordering/purchase. I'm picky with pom poms and wouldn't want one with uneven poms or with some that look like they are about to fall off.

Just saying. :D

Thanks! Pearlies are cute but I do love pompoms...I have3 a lot to think about lol

I'd say wait until you find a fish that catches your eye. :) You don't have to fill the tank to the brim immediately (or at all) stockingwise at this very moment. ;) Right now my fifty five comfortably houses two fish, and I think it will for a long time, but I still always have room for that perfect #3 if I ever stumble across it!

I vote pearlscale LOL I am just in love with them :D

I'd say wait until you find a fish that catches your eye. :) You don't have to fill the tank to the brim immediately (or at all) stockingwise at this very moment. ;) Right now my fifty five comfortably houses two fish, and I think it will for a long time, but I still always have room for that perfect #3 if I ever stumble across it!

That's a really good idea <3

I vote pearlscale LOL I am just in love with them :D

I love pearlies, so fat and round ;3

A black fish like a Moor would also contrast nicely.

Mmm I could put the moor I have in the new 55 and add something else to my other 55. Could you do a comet, common or a shubunkin in a 55 with as ryukin and a fantail or would that be too much? I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask

Mmm I could put the moor I have in the new 55 and add something else to my other 55. Could you do a comet, common or a shubunkin in a 55 with as ryukin and a fantail or would that be too much? I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask

i would probably stick with 3 fancies.

Just don't forget the photo's when you have your new fish in your tank. How exciting! :)

?

Mmm I could put the moor I have in the new 55 and add something else to my other 55.? Could you do a comet, common?or a shubunkin in a 55 with as ryukin and a fantail or would that be too much?? I think I know the answer but thought I'd ask

?

Technically you could do one and I know people on here do sometimes do fancies and single tailes together. Myself I like to keep them separate. Just saying it could be done. Single tails are recommended the same gal/fish as fancies.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Technically you could do one and I know people on here do sometimes do fancies and single tailes together. Myself I like to keep them separate. Just saying it could be done. Single tails are recommended the same gal/fish as fancies.

I might go with three fancies but I love the look of commons

Just don't forget the photo's when you have your new fish in your tank. How exciting! :)

I'll take photos!

I'd love to do a 55 with two single tails myself.

My suggestion is simple. Decide not to get another fish. Then don't get one until you run across one that you absolutely cannot resist.

My suggestion is simple. Decide not to get another fish. Then don't get one until you run across one that you absolutely cannot resist.

Good advice

A lot of people are liking the red and white. What is the difference between red and white and sakura anyway?

Red and white has all metallic scales. Sakura is a calico without black or blue. It is nacreous, which means it has a mixture of metallic and matte scales, and is white spotted with various shades of orange, peach, pink and yellow. One or both eyes may be button (all black).

Thank you!

I agree w the people who said wait until you find the perfect fish. It has Halle ed to me a number of times where I have walking into a fish store or garden center and been like OMG LOOK AT THAT FISH I MUST HAVE IT and then I realize I can't because I hastily bought some other fish and if I get this new EPIC fish I will be overstocked. I have stocked my pond more heavily than I wanted too because I have moved numerous single tails into there that I hadn't originally planned to.