Help! Goldfish laying at bottom of his tank!

Fireyforce

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think that fasting is the proper first response, but I worry that treatment also should probably attempted at some point soon. So, if you can, order the metro-meds. It takes time to get to you.

That is a problem, but QT can be as simple as a Sterilite tub (10 gallon) and a pump and an airstone. You would have to do daily water changes, but that it's doable. :)

He looks better this morning. A little laying on his side, but he has been on his belly much more. Here are two videos from this morning.

This is day three of the fast.

Also we still haven't seen much poo. I saw a very thin brown strand that I believe was poo, but he is still in the tank with Goldie so I don't know whose poo belongs to whom.

Ok. How exactly do i administer the peas? I know they need to be thawed and deshelled.

Ok. How exactly do i administer the peas? I know they need to be thawed and deshelled.

You simply cook them in the microwave for about 1 minute, let cool, de-shell and then gently crush each half to mush it up a tad. Then feed. The larger fish can get two peas in one day. The smaller one, one. :)

Not posting a video. When I got home Moby was resting on his side, but eventually started moving.

Something I noticed tonight is that he is a lot more active/ sitting on his belly when the light is on. Are goldfish more active with light? I never noticed a difference in activity level before.

Same poo from last night. Peas commence in the morning. I put the frozen peas in the refrigerator to thaw. I'm just glad that he is definitely starting to feel better.

Peas are eaten. Apparently my boys (I think they're male) don't like being hand fed. Had to drop the pea halves in front of their noses, but they ate. Hopefully there will be green poo when I get home.

Moby swam for a second at mid tank after the peas! ;)