Any special dietary tips for pearlscales?

Evening

Then normal Goldie foods! When they are young and small I'd feed more pellets and as they get older and larger focus more heavily on gel foods. The bigger and rounder they are the more likely sbd is going to crop up, so I try to limit things that may cause problems.

I use to give my pearlie peas twice a week, to make sure that any floaty issues weren't rooted in the digestive tract, and also because it can be hard to tell when a pearlie is bloated,which peas help prevent.

I use to give my pearlie peas twice a week, to make sure that any floaty issues weren't rooted in the digestive tract, and also because it can be hard to tell when a pearlie is bloated,which peas help prevent.

Peas can cause gas as well though if I remember correctly? Alex would know. I think a dark leafy green would be better than a pea.

I agree with PSP.

I wonder if pearlies will benefit from having a gH that is consistently higher than 100ppm, since that would mean that there is quite a bit of calcium (and magnesium depending on what you do) in the water.

I've had my C. Pearlscale for almost a year. (coming up in a couple more weeks) I didn't know they should be having a special diet. I've been feeding her the same food as my other goldfish. Right now she is having a growth spurt with new food as of a month or so ago. She's on Hikari Lionhead pellets, frozen bloodworms/shrimp. I've always fed peas every two weeks or so (when I think about it), and maybe a piece of broccoli or some type of lettuce when I have it in my frig. She's always been a nice healthy fish. When I first purchased her I didn't know about this site and I didn't know anything about qt a fish w/prazi. :(

Knock on tanks she'll continue being a nice healthy fish.

(I do have prazi now.) :)

Hmm, I might introduce some more pellets into their diet then. As of now I'm just feeding them a mix of soilent/super green and some green beans every few days to keep things moving, along with blood worms once a week. I could probably get away with more worms, but I'm worried about giving them constipation.