Sign in to follow this  
ElaineSelene

Names for my 2 male Bettas?

In a 10 gallon tank with a divider are 2 male bettas! One of them (the red and green) is a agile little guy and manages to somehow get over/under/around his barrier to chill on the other side of the tank! They have not actually "met" though (thank goodness!)

Here they are:

imgp9086_es_by_elaineselenestock-d6gf4hh

Right now the names I'm stuck on are "boring" and "more boring". :lmao:

imgp9071_filtered_es_by_elaineselenestoc

Wow! I am jealous of your blue one... if you think he slips through the divider one day.... I am no suspect! ! x) wow! They are beautiful! !

Wow! I am jealous of your blue one... if you think he slips through the divider one day.... I am no suspect! ! x) wow! They are beautiful! !

LOL! :) Thank you!

Do you have a favorite movie or video game or something? I have themes for each of my tanks, and that tends to make naming them much easier. :D

Otherwise, you could always do something simple like fire and ice. :hummm:thumb:

Very beautiful fish!!! :wub:

They are beautiful. I think the white one looks like an opal. The red and green one is just too handsome for words!

Do you have a favorite movie or video game or something? I have themes for each of my tanks, and that tends to make naming them much easier. :D

Otherwise, you could always do something simple like fire and ice. :hummm:thumb:

Very beautiful fish!!! :wub:

Actually, LOL I named both myself (I literally went to court and changed my full legal name) and my cat after a song "My Selene" by Sonata Arctica. So yeah. My middle name and my cats name both are Selene.

Good thoughts though. Hmm... Charon and Sonata? Snowy and JP? Hmmm... I just wanted something that fit their colors and the fanciness.

Gorgeous bettas!

They are beautiful. I think the white one looks like an opal. The red and green one is just too handsome for words!

AWESOME IDEA!!! :) I am a HUGE rock collector! I could name the one OPAL and the other after another stone I like! :D Thanks!

Opal is such a perfect name for the white one!! :clapping:

Opal...and humming bird?? He just reminds me of one with his red belly, while the rest of his body is green :)

Or opal and jade??

Opal...and humming bird?? He just reminds me of one with his red belly, while the rest of his body is green :)Or opal and jade??

oops I ment green belly and rest of his body red... he could be a reversed hummung bird!! x) x) x)

I'd name the red/green one Klaus and the white/blue one Chill.

They're both gorgeous.

Opal...and humming bird?? He just reminds me of one with his red belly, while the rest of his body is green :)

Or opal and jade??

OR I was looking through my rock and mineral guide and I realized that Malachite and Azurite go together often... green and blue? that does not include red... but mmm... Jade is a good name except I know girls named jade and I don't want to think of them when I say his name.

One red and green gem is Tourmaline (the watermelon variety) or Kyanite is blue and white too.

I think I might do that... Tourmaline and Kyanite. :P Those arn't as common to people to hear as opal. But I did love the name opal! :) I might name one of my albino cories that. :)