Sign in to follow this  
AnnaMNR

Does Hikari Oranda really help with wen growth?

How do you feed frozen bloodworms? Just thaw a cube and drop them in the tank?

Yes,

Or use a worm feeder cone. Then, you don't even have to thaw. :)

Large+Cone+Worm+Feeder.jpg

I remember buying Hikari Oranda and was disappointed to find out it was a floating pellet. I do not get why this is so?

I like the Omega One pellets, because the first three ingredients are whole salmon, herring, and shrimp.

I remember buying Hikari Oranda and was disappointed to find out it was a floating pellet. I do not get why this is so?

I like the Omega One pellets, because the first three ingredients are whole salmon, herring, and shrimp.

Carole, the Hikari Lionhead is the sinking version of this, and I think it is an amazing food, albeit you do have to be careful to feed adults with even less of this pellet, since it contains a lot more proteins compared to other pellets. :)

My favorites, in order, are Hikari Lionhead, NLS Thera-A (and goldfish, regular), GC shrimp pellets, Pro-Gold, and Omega One.

Ooh I see something I do not know. What is GC shrimp pellets?

Shrimp pellets from goldfishconnection.com. I don't have any other brands to compare to, but my fish love this food. :)

Carole, the Hikari Lionhead is the sinking version of this, and I think it is an amazing food, albeit you do have to be careful to feed adults with even less of this pellet, since it contains a lot more proteins compared to other pellets. :)

My favorites, in order, are Hikari Lionhead, NLS Thera-A (and goldfish, regular), GC shrimp pellets, Pro-Gold, and Omega One.

These are the foods I use as well (minus the shrimp pellets) :thumbup2:

What would you guys recommend feeding? I am using the soilent green and the omega one. I will need more food for my two Orandas soon. I believe my fish are adults as they both are between 7 and 8 inches. Sorry OP, I don't want to hijack your thread. Pro gold made my fish gulp at the surface.

What would you guys recommend feeding? I am using the soilent green and the omega one. I will need more food for my two Orandas soon. I believe my fish are adults as they both are between 7 and 8 inches. Sorry OP, I don't want to hijack your thread. Pro gold made my fish gulp at the surface.

Jared, tell him! :rofl

I would recommend the Hikari Lionhead (not the Saki or the Oranda formulas). I also like the New Life Spectrum 1mm sinking goldfish pellets. Pro Gold seems to be hit or miss depending on the Particular fish.

So you guys don't use soilent green anymore?

Yes, I feed Solient Green about 3 times a week. Their Midday meal is their "veggie" time. So, I alternate Red Leaf Lettuce and the SG daily. And as I understand it, the Repashy Super Green is even better for Goldfish than the Solient. I just have a ton of Solient Green to go through before I try the Super Green. And my fish do fine on it.

Oh, and Frozen Bloodworms are good a few times a week, too!

Edited by jmetzger72

In fact here's my weekly menu if that helps:

am = *Pro Gold or New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets alternated daily

midday = Raw Red Leaf Lettuce or Repashy Solient Green alternated daily

pm = Hikari Lionhead or Frozen Bloodworms alternated daily

*My Moor floats on Pro Gold, so I feed her Omega One instead and she is fine.

I do not soak my pellets, cook my lettuce, fast or feed my fish peas. I have had more success by feeding smaller pellets spread throughout the tank and smaller portions in general. I use clips for the lettuce and cone feeders for the bloodworms. All 4 of my fish are 4" without their tails and still growing. They do not have constipation and /or floaty problems.

Edited by jmetzger72

am = Pro Gold or New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets alternated daily

I do not soak my pellets, cook my lettuce, fast or feed my fish peas. I have had more success by feeding smaller pellets spread throughout the tank and smaller portions in general. I use clips for the lettuce and cone feeders for the bloodworms. All 4 of my fish are 4" without their tails and still growing. They do not have constipation and /or floaty problems. My Moor does float on Pro Gold, so I feed her Omega One instead and she is fine.

Jared, you know that this is not complete without the weekly chart! :rofl

am = Pro Gold or New Life Spectrum 1mm pellets alternated daily

I do not soak my pellets, cook my lettuce, fast or feed my fish peas. I have had more success by feeding smaller pellets spread throughout the tank and smaller portions in general. I use clips for the lettuce and cone feeders for the bloodworms. All 4 of my fish are 4" without their tails and still growing. They do not have constipation and /or floaty problems. My Moor does float on Pro Gold, so I feed her Omega One instead and she is fine.

Jared, you know that this is not complete without the weekly chart! :rofl

I got rid of the dry erase board and printed it out on Excel :rofl:rofl:rofl

IMG_20130816_210339_019-1.jpg

Edited by jmetzger72