Sign in to follow this  
cmclien

Meet Crimson

I couldn't resist buying another clearanced tank and getting a betta for myself this week.

This is Crimson, a male half moon betta. My daughter tells me the name is lame but I didn't know what else to name such a pretty red guy.....if you have any suggestions, feel free.

His tail is a little beat up I am assuming from poor water quality. It doesn't show in this picture but he has aqua colored eyes and a light aqua body.

I have to admit I was a little appalled when the guy at the store told me I didn't need to change the water in the cup for a week because they had just done it that day. I came home and replaced 50% two times, 30 min apart after he told me that.

2013-07-27114911_zps4c2f7a26.jpg

The tank, I couldn't find a decoration I like so I superglued some river rocks together and like how it turned out I think. Lol, I just noticed my reflection is slightly in the pic, good thing not more ha ha

2013-07-27114617_zps45049fa4.jpg

2013-07-27114605_zpsc44f4462.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

What a pretty boy! I love his color!

What do you think of the tank? Those are on clearance here too, and I was tempted.

What a pretty boy! I love his color!

?

What do you think of the tank? Those are on clearance here too, and I was tempted.

I think compared to other cube setups its a real good price. I like how everything is hidden in the back. There is plenty of room for a mini heater and media in the back if you can get a cycle out of such a small fish. We split a small bag of sand. The flow definitely has to be baffled for a betta! Otherwise its a river of current.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Where did you get your betta? He is gorgeous! i havent been able to find any good bettas locally.

Where did you get your betta? He is gorgeous! i havent been able to find any good bettas locally.?

Just at the petsmart by us. There was also a really pretty dragontail and another half moon that was red with black. I had him in my cart for awhile, and his tail was in better shape and the only reason i put him back was that the aqua eyes won me over :)

Lovely boy ! I like the name , keep it :)

Oh good I'm glad you like it.

My daughter is 14 and full of opinions lol

Edited by CindiL

Oh good I'm glad you like it.

My daughter is 14 and full of opinions lol

That's the name of an ex girlfriend of mine lol.

Love the setup though and you got a nice betta :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Wow , he is stunning I've always a hm but petco is super exspensive , and petsmarts were under an inch last time

Gorgeous betta! :heart and LOVE the name! His coloration fascinates me! :D

Crimson is gorgeous, and is a very apt name.

The tank looks great and Crimson is gorgeous! :)

Can you believe the things they tell you at pet stores? :yikes

What a beautiful Betta. I love the name. (I hear you about opinions. ha ha I have one that is 15) Your setup is really nice also. Love your plants.

5 votes for keeping the name so I'm keeping it. I noticed you're 14 too ha ha, hope I didn't offend you with my comment on my 14 year old daughter. Clearly you have great taste in names ;)

Wow , he is stunning I've always a hm but petco is super exspensive , and petsmarts were under an inch last time

He isn't very big himself 1.5 - 2". I figure he will grow some?

They aren't cheap, the dragon tails were 12.99 and I think he was 9.49

Gorgeous betta! :heart and LOVE the name! His coloration fascinates me! :D

Crimson is gorgeous, and is a very apt name.

Thanks Alex!

The tank looks great and Crimson is gorgeous! :)

Can you believe the things they tell you at pet stores? :yikes

Its funny because most of them, I know, keep fish and seem somewhat knowledgeable yet when I'm told something like this it makes me sad. Usually when I'm in there I think they look pretty pathetic and he told me they change the water 2x/week and I thought now I know why. They were pretty perky the day I bought Crimson, probably because they had just gotten some clean water.

What a beautiful Betta. I love the name. (I hear you about opinions. ha ha I have one that is 15) Your setup is really nice also. Love your plants.

Thanks. Thats right, I remember you have a daughter who is sharing the responsibilities of the 55 with you?

Do you think I should add more plants? Or does that look like enough? He goes and hides in them when he wants otherwise he's out front staring at me (he's in my office) waiting for food. I think he's figured out I give food already.

He's very pretty! Congratulations :)

Do you think his tail will improve with clean water. Does he look alright other than that to you? I know you are the resident betta expert!

Your betta is very pretty. :P

5 votes for keeping the name so I'm keeping it. I noticed you're 14 too ha ha, hope I didn't offend you with my comment on my 14 year old daughter. Clearly you have great taste in names ;)

Yay ! I'm glad because he's gorgeous ! No course that didn't offend me , I can be a bit opiniative as well haha x

Tail will probably improve with the clean water, but give it time since it can sometimes get a little worse than better initially depending on the contrast from store to home water conditions

Edited by Narny105

Tail will probably improve with the clean water, but give it time since it can sometimes get a little worse than better initially depending on the contrast from store to home water conditions

ok, thats good to know.