Sign in to follow this  
LauraThe3xplora

female ryukin floating tail up

How much are you feeding? I'm thinking that you could cut back just a tad more. :)

How much are you feeding? I'm thinking that you could cut back just a tad more. :)

It's really not much at all :( Snowflake gets maybe 10 pellets a day and the others get more. Is that still too much? I tried some red leaf lettuce today, too

OK, then cut the red leaf amount in half. :)

Also, I tried to take a video, but everyone scurries as soon as the light goes on and there's nothing to see during the day (as far as floating goes!)

OK, then cut the red leaf amount in half. :)

Ok. I only put a small leaf in there and it seems like Mai Tai and Sarge have the most interest in it, but I'll try cutting back

Also, I tried to take a video, but everyone scurries as soon as the light goes on and there's nothing to see during the day (as far as floating goes!)

Please do the video anyway. Many times we can actually still see a floaty-prone fish. :)

Please do the video anyway. Many times we can actually still see a floaty-prone fish. :)

Take one during the day? Ok, should I do it after feeding or before or just whenever?

When you feel that she is at her most troubled.

Here is the most eventful video I could get. I don't see any evidence of floating here, but maybe someone else will :)

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag7/laurathe3xplora/50CB949E-5687-4191-8E80-AFF33FD8DCD7-23127-00000DB1D8CCB040_zps362b248a.mp4

How is she doing? Things are looking better for her, in the sense that she can get to the bottom and can control her movement.

You can actually see a little bit of the tendency to be floaty. When she comes to a near stop, she starts to float up...

How is she doing? Things are looking better for her, in the sense that she can get to the bottom and can control her movement.

You can actually see a little bit of the tendency to be floaty. When she comes to a near stop, she starts to float up...

I think she's actually really good. That video is about how she is normally. Before, when she stopped swimming, she would clearly start floating upwards :( But now the only time I see her near the top is when she's "sleeping" and her dorsal doesn't stick out of the water anymore. She just hovers at the top. I figure that's about as good as she will get being a floater. Am I right? She's also back to eating bloodworms, brine shrimp, and lettuce as normal in addition to the pellets without it affecting her floatiness :)

Great! That's what we want. :)

Great! That's what we want. :)

Yay! Thanks so much Alex :D I'm glad she's doing so well.

Btw...did you ever get my PM? I sent it awhile ago :(

:o I thought I replied, but clearly not. :o

I will do so ASAP. My apologies.

:o I thought I replied, but clearly not. :o

I will do so ASAP. My apologies.

No problem :) no hurry