Moving with plants -- suggestions?

I'm moving cross country soon, and I want to take my plants. I'm not taking the fish -- it would be too hard on them. I won't be setting the tank up again for at least a month, maybe two.

I plan to stick the plants in a plastic Sterilite tote and probably put the lid on it. Is that enough? Should I put holes in the lid for air? I wasn't planning on substrate. Do you think they live? Should I add fertilizer? Should I do water changes? I'm just hoping enough will live that I can restart my tank without having to buy everything new. That gets expensive, and I will have to buy new substrate and fish already, maybe even a new tank. :/

Could the snails live like that for a couple of months or should I rehome them? They are hard to find. I'm afraid I might miss some, and I'm not even sure how many nerites I have.

Thanks! :)

Edited by ShawneeRiver

If they're traveling in the sterilite for less than a week I think it would be fine to leave the cover on without holes, no water changes, maybe add a little flourish.

For the next period of time I would leave the top off and either leave the container outside (so it gets sunlight) or use some sort of light for part of the day (are you keeping any aquarium lights?).

I would do occasional partial water changes (I do every 1-2 weeks on my duckweed tank :idont), and add some ferts occasionally to feed them.

Snails should be fine living like this for a couple months as long as you do some water changes.

Thanks! That's about what I was thinking. We'll be in the car for a couple of days, but the plants will stay in the bin for a month or two. Once we get there, I can move the bin in or out or both every day, and water changes shouldn't be a problem. :)