My current tanks

tithra

Figured I'd post a few pics of my tanks since there is no one in them currently ;)

Here is the goldfish tank. The hygro and water sprite is totally tanking over and needs to be trimmed. I am still working on the glosso.... I am so determined to make it work! :P

goldfish1_zps5a09be52.jpg

New betta tank! It's a 13.3 gallon, it has the same footprint as a 20 gallon, but is shorter.

There are several plants in here that I am not sure will make it or not, it's only been planted for about 2 weeks now. (please excuse all the floating clippings at the top, I just trimmed :) )

betta2_zps7b32c823.jpg

betta1_zps5f06624f.jpg

Very nice I love the planted tanks but wonder if I could actually pull it off. I was wondering if you have that sand in your tank the tahitian moon sand? If so when you clean out your tank do you have problems with the gravel vac sucking it up because it is so fine? I want to try this in my 125 gallon but am worried about cleaning it with the gravel vac.

Very nice! I love seeing your tanks

Stunning. :)

thanks guys :)

:clapping:

I love your tanks! Now when did you say you are coming to plant my 75? :rofl

Your betta tank is gorgeous! Can't wait to see a few more ladies in there! :D

lol, I would LOVE to plant your 75! Just move to VT! I can't wait to have a bigger tank so I can have more planting options :D

Very nice I love the planted tanks but wonder if I could actually pull it off. I was wondering if you have that sand in your tank the tahitian moon sand? If so when you clean out your tank do you have problems with the gravel vac sucking it up because it is so fine? I want to try this in my 125 gallon but am worried about cleaning it with the gravel vac.

You can totally pull off a planted tank! Just start with easy low light plants like anubias, java fern, cryps, vals, swords, wisteria, water sprite - all good easy choices to start with. It can take some trial and error, but plants are lots of fun. They fill the void of not being able to get new fish for me.

In my goldfish tank I have eco complete and tahitian moon sand. It started as an eco complete base with a TMS cap, but with all the replanting over time and goldfish sifting it is just a mix at this point :P

In this tank I just run the gravel vac over the very top just to get the top layer of gunk off since it is planted everywhere, I do occasionally suck up a bit. Before I had the tank fully planted I did a full gravel vac (putting the vac deep into the gravel), a little TMS will get sucked up, but it shouldn't be too much. You just can't leave the vac deep in the TMS for a long time, when you lift it up most of the sand should fall out. The nice thing about TMS is that it is heavier than sand, but finer than gravel.

Nice! I love your tanks :)

Wow beautiful tanks tithra! Nice job! :)

Amazing! :o Love the new betta tank! So colourful :)

thanks everyone! :) We'll see how it holds up a couple months from now!

Both tanks are beautiful and lush. Love your new betta tank size also. Where did you get it? It's an unusual size.

Where's the fish?

Thank you! I ordered the tank from marinedepot. Their mr. aqua tanks are reasonably priced and come in some neat shapes/sizes. Shipping wasn't bad either http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_viewitem.aspx?idproduct=AZ1113&child=AZ1117&utm_source=mdamazoncpc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=mdamazoncpc&utm_content=AZ1117

The bettas are still in QT, I am waiting until next week to introduce them since I am off next week and can be around to keep an eye on them. Edie is in my 20 gallon QT with salt because Hashi keeps trying to eat her tail :( and Hashi is in my 10 gallon QT as punishment :P

Awesome tanks!!! I wish my betta tank looked like that. :P

thanks mikey :)

beautiful. What is the big green plant on the left side?

Edit: of the first tank lol

hygrophila corymbosa... I am loving this plant. It grows very fast, it's easy, and the root system on it is amazing. I highly recommend it!

http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/Hygrophila-corymbosa-Giant-hygro-Temple-plant-NITRATE-BUSTER-GIANTHYGRO.htm

Lol! Hashi gets a time out for being a bad boy :P

Both tanks looks amaaaaazing :wub:

And is that a temple/giant hygro that is in your tank? If so, do you have any tips on trimming it? I have some and they grow densely with so many leaves. I want them to grow taller, not wider...The bottoms ones barely get any light.

• Supporter

beautiful. What is the big green plant on the left side?

Edit: of the first tank lol

hygrophila corymbosa... I am loving this plant. It grows very fast, it's easy, and the root system on it is amazing. I highly recommend it!

http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com/Hygrophila-corymbosa-Giant-hygro-Temple-plant-NITRATE-BUSTER-GIANTHYGRO.htm

Thank you..I might get some :)

and thanks for the link :o

Edit: That's where the little petstore I got my plants from today said she got hers :o

Edited by Daniel E.

OHH... AHHH! Your planted tanks are fabulous!! So lush and happy! :thumbup2:

It is hysterical that you punish you naughty fish :rofl