Nibbles Can See!

Guest susong

Guest susong

Hey Ya'll...

Nibbles my black moor went blind with a film over her eyes about a month and a half ago...about a week ago, the film spread to her body.

I had absolutley no clue as to what this was...just waited, fretted, adn worried.

Well, due to all the stress she's had (Oh yeah, I dropped her too :unsure: ) I noticed yesterday, some ich.

<_<

Well, I decided that wringing my hands and fretting wasn't gonna help this sweetheart anymore, so I plucked up my courage, adn set up a 10 gal hospital tank, and gave her a salt dip. First time ever doing that, and afterwards, I collapsed into my chair and had some rather strong coffee :lol .

The ich got knocked off...I'll be buying some treatment for that...but as a bonus, SHE CAN SEE!!!!!

I swear, after things settled down, and she and I had our heartbeats return to normal...I noticed she was doing some wierd things...shying away from the intake pipe for the filter, and dashing away when I approached the tank...I realized she was seeing things.

Wow...

So then...this little darling is going to get treated for parasites, and bacterial infection. We are soooo happy, her hospital tank is next to me as I type, and she is examing a rock in her tank very curiously...if fish could skip and hum...that's what she'd be doing right now!! :D

Guest tooterfish

i am so happy!

i have never done a salt dip, i give you alot of credit.

have you been able to determine the cause of the cloudiness? i did see you were going to do additional medicines, so i was wondering.

no more Magoo tendencies :)

-Toot

Guest susong

Hey toots!

Yeah...I went to fishyfarmacy, and from there, and various posts on here, I've diagnosed her with a bacterial infection, which then led to an infestation of protozoans, and now ich. <_<

If I had been more aggressive, and treated her for a bacterial infection at the beginning, the infestations would not have happened...that's what I get for being too passive, and adopting a "Let's wait and see" attitude.

But, i am more cheery now about her then I have been before...I am taking positive action...it's better than doing nothing! I'll be heading out this afternoon to pick up meds.

I've never medicated a fish before...i am still used to the tropicals, if one gets sick...the other ones will peck at it and eventually eat it up. Tropicals have no personality whatsoever...these GF are so different! :wub:

I never worried when a tropical got sick...I'd just wait for it to die, then scoop it up before the others ate it. Terrible, ain't I? B)

Guest Hutchtaz

Yeah, I am so glad to hear that. Some many people have had good experiences with the salt dip. I am going to try that the next time something bad happens in my fish world ( never I hope)! Good for Nibbles!

Archived