Sign in to follow this  
Flipper

Skittles is floating and tap is BAD!

Do you have any air control valves?? Those might be helpful too . . . :idont

Umm, no I think i just have T valve but petco is super close. And sorry to be a pita but don't know how to work a air control valve. Will it tell me on the directions? :idont

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Here is a pic. You just cut your air line tubing and stick it in. Then there is a valve on top that you turn to control air flow.

Posted Image

The clear tubing is coming from my air pump and the black goes into my tank.

Well, I ended up getting a pump rated for a smaller tank. Now skittles is in a spare bedroom (so my husband doesn't know I set up a third tank). I'm worried about him. Do you think I should salt it for the sore on his back?

I don't think the salt is necessary. If you like, you can rub some vaseline on the sore spot. :)

:o Was there a pic of my air line tubing and teh air control valve earlier? :o

There was! I saw it. It had a round dial thing, instead of the lever. :o

I always chuckle when you use "teh" :rofl

:wa Leave my poor typing abilities alone! :rofl

:hmm I wonder what went wrong with the pic? Oh well, she got the smaller air pump anyway.

Ha! That time I typed it right! :rofl

:rofl I don't know what happened to the pic, either, but I did see it. May be the Koko's picture goblin ate it. :scared

Well you know me and technology don't mix. :rofl

Sorry Aubrey. Once again I seemed to have derailed a topic. :o

:teehee

Sorry Aubrey. Once again I seemed to have derailed a topic. :o

:teehee

I've yet to find the exception that proved this rule. :o :O :o

:rofl

(Sorry Aubrey, she made me do it! :wa)

:rofl

Yep, and I made him get new lights for his tank . . .

Why do I get blamed for everything around here? I'm such an :angel:

Yup, angel...Right. :rofl

Yes, I saw the pic yesterday and thanks for it :D

So, Skittles is still chilling out at the top of the 10g in a corner :no: If I walk into the room he'll perk up and get happy and swim around. I put his lettuce down by the filter to encourage him swim. I think he might be a very weak swimmer. Can a fish be a weak swimmer :idont I really have know idea how to help him :help:

Upload me a video, please, and I will have a plan to suggest after that. :)

Upload me a video, please, and I will have a plan to suggest after that. :)

Sorry, I just saw this post. So I have a galaxy 2 and have NO idea how to take a video, but I'll play around some more

Oh, thank heaven, I got it to paste!! :bighug Thanks Alex, for your help. Like I said, Skittles is swimming like a busy boy because I'm in front of the tank. Let me know what you think of his butt.

He seems in much better control of his swimming. What have you been feeding him? What's the temp of the tank? Have you checked parameters?

Ultimately, I would still like for him to be able to go back to the 55, and soon at that. :)

I just checked the parameters... Keep in mind I did a 75-80% WC yesterday with water that I had sitting in buckets for a couple days.

pH=7.8 nitrite=2 nitrate=0.25 ammonia(tank)=0.25 ammonia(tap)=1 The temp=69*F as I have no extra heater. I added 3ml prime this am.

I fed frozen peas a bit before the vid last night Yummo! A few NLS Thera-A pellets 1-2x/day and FBW and FBS and red leaf lettuce, but he doesn't like that as much as the spinach :)

Here is my conundrum :idont I think Skittles HATES my HOB filter on the 55g and is doing better with the sponge filter, but I've spent $$$ on the 2 aquaclears and am also worried that sponge filters wouldn't be adequate for my chu's filtration needs :hmm

I think the sponge filter will be enough for him. It just needs to finish cycling. It seems that it's processing ammonia just fine, but there is a ton of nitrites. Just make sure that the water always has 1 teaspoon salt per 10 gallons of water, and you should be OK during this time. :)

I think the sponge filter will be enough for him. It just needs to finish cycling. It seems that it's processing ammonia just fine, but there is a ton of nitrites. Just make sure that the water always has 1 teaspoon salt per 10 gallons of water, and you should be OK during this time. :)

Thanks. I added the salt! Are you saying I should change the filters on my 55 to sponges :idont

With my tap water sucking so much... How often would you suggest doing wc's on the 10g esp since its not cycled :hmm I don't know what to do about the tap water being so ammoniaey :o

No, I think you should leave the filters as they are. It might be that at some point you, might like to set the flow speed to the lowest setting, and add the sponge that is currently with Skittles in the 55 (when he is back). But not now. For at least a little while, it seems that everyone is settling where they are, so let's see what the heck is Skittles' complaint. :rofl

No, I think you should leave the filters as they are. It might be that at some point you, might like to set the flow speed to the lowest setting, and add the sponge that is currently with Skittles in the 55 (when he is back). But not now. For at least a little while, it seems that everyone is settling where they are, so let's see what the heck is Skittles' complaint. :rofl

Ok, will do... Just so you know the flow speed is all the way to the right... that's the lowest flow speed... I think :rofl3 If there is a way to make it slower, please let me know! :D Once again thanks for your expertise and hard work and enthusiasm! :rockon

Thank god! After an entire day of uploading and trying to post ;). This is my video of Skittles being floaty... Please excuse the wonky angles of filming :idont

Here is Skittles swimming better! :nana I bleached the anacharis... It didnt go well :teehee

I don't know how long he need to be separated from his ranchu friends :idont