• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

Here we go!

944746_10151619970293019_1910080601_n.jp

44666_10151619969933019_1033070801_n.jpg

You can notice in the second picture, that today, the 'skin' around her eye, where the big bubble thing burst has now 'crinkled up' That's the best way I can describe it xD

• Supporter

excellent!! so happy to see this update, yes! she's healing nicely :D keep up with the meds as discussed & let me know when we're a day or two away from completing the course :)

OMG... you just reminded me to throw a load of laundry on!.. :rofl :rofl

• Supporter

Honey is looking good today, but she has a few tiny black marks on her tail. She was as eager as ever to eat today, but was 'chewing' on it for about 5 minutes, just sitting there opening and closing her mouth. She wouldn't react to anything, I put my hand under her and she spat out the food and then ate it again with no problems. It scared me a bit, I thought she was choking or something, she normally eats it and it goes down pretty much right away, I could see the food in her mouth when she faced me. She is swimming around like normal now.

Sorry you can't see the marks I'm talking about very well, they are TINY and very hard to get to show on the camera, I tried to get a close up of them here.

1148861_10151623800813019_616236195_n.jp

Here you can see how her eye is and the marks on her tail

1157604_10151623800868019_1581262316_n.j

• Supporter

would you look at her? wow :wub: she's looking a millon dollars :heart ! you're so good with her :bighug

i wouldn't be concerned for those black marks, they sorta get some discolouration with the Epsom, nothing major. i first noticed them on post 75 ;) which is why the normal course of treatment with Espom is for 1/4 teaspoon for every 10 gallons and runs for 8 consecutive days. since we doubled the dose for a few days as well as extended the treatment for a few days, they most likely appeared after that

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/112096-honeys-eye-is-swollen-and-droopy/?p=1544805

• Supporter

Here you go Helen, Hope this makes up for the ripped off feeling :hehe: (Today she was all "FOOD FOOD WHERE IS MY FOOD I WANT FOOD GO AWAY UNLESS YOU ARE GIVING ME FOOD K" CAN I EAT A CAMERA? NO I CAN'T. NOW GO AWAY AND COME BACK WITH FOOD)

1157507_10151629986873019_1159664786_n.j

1170771_10151629986513019_2009793211_n.j

1157679_10151629986978019_2021098242_n.j

• Supporter

aawww :wub:

she's looking awesome :heart

i think it was a good call to go for an extra 5 days on the meds, i see some white fuzzies still. i am considering that to be dribs n drabs of the infection still lingering. so we may need to go the full 30 days on the Metro Gelfood. do you have enough of it made to see you through the entire 30 days?

• Supporter

I might need to make another batch up, but i would be able to freeze what I dont use wouldnt I? (i had to throw some out coz i forgot to put it back in the freezer and it went all weird)

• Supporter

sure :) i keep mine frozen. i even make a load of Repashy and keep that frozen too!.. i only leave a few days food in the fridge each time, the rest is frozen :)

don't make too much of it though, i don't keep food frozen for more than a month or so.. be it fish food or human food.

• Supporter

999441_10151637903108019_91374537_n.jpg

Not much to say other than she seems very eager to be back with her buddies soon :rofl: She is practically swimming right into her holding container and not wanting to go back in the QT Tub

• Supporter

although she's doing exceptionally well, i am still concerned for some of those fuzzies on her eye. the join is a different colour, that's fine as it sort of came apart & is now repairing itself, but the fuzzies.. can you see which ones i refer to?

also, check the pic you posted above & see a little spot behind the right pectorial fin? that to me looks like a clear fluid sac. is it a clear fluid sac or an airbubble that coincindentally attatched at the time of your photo?

• Supporter

I've had a good look at her and I can see the white you are referring too, It doesn't look fuzzy to me, in person though. I know what you mean though :)

As for the bubble on her fin, I can't see anything on her, I think it might be from a mark on my lens

• Supporter

so today we are on the last day of the extended treatment plan. being day 5, correct?

what would you like to do? i am thinking because i still see that white spot, to extend to the full course of 30 days. do you want to do that?

• Supporter

Yesterday was actually meant to be the last day, I just didn't get time to post. I want to do what's best for her, though my dad is starting to get annoyed with me doing so many water changes lol

• Supporter

i think we should continue on to the full course.. we can wean her off the moment that white patch disappears or she will stop at 30 days even if it doesn't. if you feel that's best also and are able to do so, that's great :)

• Supporter

Ok :)

It's best for her to stay separate and in the heated tub until she finishes the meds, right? I know my dad would be happy if I could put her back in the main tank and get the QT 'out of the ---- way" lol but I'm ok with leaving her in there if that's best :) I don't want to add any more stress on her and have her get worse again, or pass on anything to my other fish

Edited by FishyMandy

• Supporter

yes, but please remember to match her qt temp & ph to that of the tank.. then you can transfer her over :)

oh, yes, we'd like a video of her re-introduction to the main tank too! (thanks for asking ..lol ) :D

:rofl