Java fern seems to be dying why?!?

Danny250183

I don't know I'm I novice at plants, this is the first problem I've ever had with plants.

I was thinking of adding ProFito and EasyCarbo by EasyLife, and replacing my tubes.

Do you think that would help??

I can't help, but I do have some questions.

Are you fertilizing? If so, with what, and how much, and how often?

Good luck and fixing the problem! :)

I've got 4 40w T8 tues in by aqua glo.

They have been fine for the last 6 months.

It's only been the last month they have been going like this, but my anubias is not as green as normal too, and had not flowered in months

I was thing of adding these

http://www.easylife.nl/en/freshwater-products/plant-nutrition/profito

http://www.easylife.nl/en/freshwater-products/plant-nutrition/easycarbo

Ive changed mine to interpet ones and I cant fault them

1 tropical daylight T8 30w and 1 community daylight as I find that gives a little less light but picks out the red and green better..

I changed them because a 2 min power cut stopped the Juwel warm lite from working again..

Edited by FlipsHere

My plants have done well with Seachem Flourish. My softened water has no good minerals in it so I find it helps. Some of my anubias were losing color too but now since dosing 2x/weekly they are getting color back in the leaves and I even had a tiny flower.

I am no plant expert at all, so just thought I'd mention it.

6,000-10,000k tends to be best for plant growth. You may want to consider changing your bulb type next time you have to change them out.

But I agree with others, try some ferts. It does appear to be a potassium deficiency. Pick off any leaves that look holey so your plant puts its energy into new/healthy leaves.

Also, is the java fern planted or tied? Sometimes they actually do better tied down than planted. If planted also make sure the rhizome isn't below the substrate.

Java ferns don't do well in high light.

This is not true. All plants will do poorly in high light if you do not provide them with sufficient nutrients and adequate Co2—it's a delicate balance—java ferns are no exception. If, however, they receive adequate nutrition and carbon dioxide levels, they'll be fine under high light.

I think that chart was the most helpful plant advice I have seen! Saved it to my computer :D