Sign in to follow this  
nighttigerz

Can Goldfishes eat Earthworm sticks?

Hello,

Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: white fish meal, fish protein concentrate, wheat flour, soy flour, gluten, dried brewer's yeast, frozen baby brine shrimp, plankton, shrimp, krill powder mix, earthworms, kelp meal, dried spirulina, fish oil, lecithin, vitamins (A, C, D3, B1, B12, choline, HCL and biotin, thiamine), methionine

The idea of earthworm sticks don't sound too bad, and I'm sure they might help with wen, IF there are actual earthworms in the food. When you look at the ingredients list, you do see earthworms, and you see methionine, another ingredient that would help with wen growth. However, they are so far down the list that you can say that these are more or less "earth-worm flavored" sticks.

If you want some foods are will help with wen growth, try frozen blood worms, Pro-Gold, Hikari Lionhead, to name a few. :)

I don't see why not based on the ingredients (unless someone sees something I don't), but I also don't really see the advantage of these over a typical pellet which typically have about the same amount of protein as those sticks :idont

frozen blood worms are often recommended for promoting wen growth since they are a good source of protein. I would personally stick with these ;)

EDIT: sniped by alex :P

you could also go to a bait shop (or some fishing and sports places have bait vending machines) and just buy actual earthworms! Cut em up and toss em in, goldies would love them I'm sure. Mine enjoy mealworms once they figured out they were food.

I use bait shop, or meadow dung earthworms. I cut them up and freeze them, and feed them frozen.

I feed them fresh from the garden. They actually prefer grubs, which I also feed fresh from the garden.

Oh, I might go get some frozen worms because I really hate touching and seeing Earthworms lol.

Also, I just moved my Ranchu(2.5") with my Ryukin(3") from a 10 gallon into a 20 gallon and I had a AquaClear 70 in it but then it seems that the filter intake was trying to suck my Ranchu to it and then his body kinda got suck to the intake for about 1.5second and he got out, and so now I took an aquaclear 50 and a aquaclear 150 into the tank, and now my ranchu seems okay about it but whenever I go near the tank he gets really scared and goes crazy for about 5 second then calms down, but when ever he stays in one place now he leans slightly to the left..

Do you guys think he would be okay? He's eating fine and when ever he calms down, he goes crazy chasing me around for food with his Ryukin buddy.

Oh, I might go get some frozen worms because I really hate touching and seeing Earthworms lol.

Also, I just moved my Ranchu(2.5") with my Ryukin(3") from a 10 gallon into a 20 gallon and I had a AquaClear 70 in it but then it seems that the filter intake was trying to suck my Ranchu to it and then his body kinda got suck to the intake for about 1.5second and he got out, and so now I took an aquaclear 50 and a aquaclear 150 into the tank, and now my ranchu seems okay about it but whenever I go near the tank he gets really scared and goes crazy for about 5 second then calms down, but when ever he stays in one place now he leans slightly to the left..

Do you guys think he would be okay? He's eating fine and when ever he calms down, he goes crazy chasing me around for food with his Ryukin buddy.

A 2.5 inch fish generally shouldn't have trouble staying away from the filter intake. This can sometimes be a sign of illness if fish are getting stuck to intakes. Please keep a close eye on him and if it continues to occur you can start a thread in the diagnosis section of the forum and we can try to problem solve if something beyond the suction might be going on.

It is great that you got a 20 gallon :) however, you will unfortunately need to upgrade again in the near future. A minimum of 30 gallons is recommended for 2 goldfish (current stocking recommendations are 15-20 gallons per fish). The petco dollar per gallon sale is going on until the 27th if upgrading is an option now :)

I dont know if it's a 20 gallon or a 29 gallon :S, He's fine now he's just pecking at the filter intakes now

I dont know if it's a 20 gallon or a 29 gallon :S, He's fine now he's just pecking at the filter intakes now

you can measure it to find out :)

The dimensions of my tank is 30L x 12W x 18H, I don't have petco here in Canada lol :P

ah sorry, I didn't pay attention to your country symbol :oops:

Yes, you have a 29 gallon tank :)

Oh, so I'm okay right? or do I have to get exactly 30 gallon :P

The dimensions of my tank is 30L x 12W x 18H, I don't have petco here in Canada lol :P

ah sorry, I didn't pay attention to your country symbol :oops:

It's okay, but I'm good for 2 goldfishy right? I don't know if my Ranchu is a ranchu o_o if that makes sense

yes ,that's good for two :)