Worm things?

Hi everyone, it's Inception.

Anyway two days ago I found these worm shaped things on the sides of my tank and I freaked out and moved my goldfish from the plastic tank it was in to a different (food safe) container. I don't know exactly what they are but it can't be Planaria because they aren't moving let alone swimming. Will these things hurt my fish or was there no reason to move my goldfish, Posen?

Here's a picture.

image_zpsc3f469fe.jpg

I just realized I am probably infamous for this tiny little plastic bin my fish has been living in while my 40 gal is cycling...

It is difficult to tell exactly what it is from the pictures, however if they are worms it is highly unlikely to be anything harmful to your fish. Parasitic worms as a rule live on/in the fish. Worms found in the tank are typically not harmful. I would take any video or other pics you might want to of them, then clean out the tub well and move your fish back in :)

Siphon a few into a net and rub them between you finger to get the case off. Look like bloodworms. Midge fly.

Just posted a video last night of the bloodworms that grow in with my ranchu.

Not imbedded yet, to busy culling ranchu.

http://...................blogspot.com/2013/07/live-bloodworms-co-cultured-with-ranchu.html

Edited by Ichthius