Sign in to follow this  
ShawneeRiver

Hello and goodbye

Hi peeps!! Long time no see!!

I thought I'd pop in with an update and my last photo of my tank for awhile. My husband and I have talked about trying to move to Texas from Michigan for a long time, and now it's happening! And it's actually happening kind of fast, so I've been extremely busy trying to get house projects done so we can sell it and move. My first showing is Saturday, and it's very promising.

I don't think the fish could handle the move. It will be two days in the car, plus I won't be able to set the tank up for awhile. I had 10 goldfish in two tanks, plus some trops. I talked to the good lfs, and they said they would take them. The owner told me that they would adopt out the fish with disabilities -- they usually end up in the owner's wife's goldfish tank.

So, I took most of the goldfish to the store a few days ago, but I kept four until we get closer to the move. (The tank will look better with fish, and I don't have time to tear it down right now.) I'm going to keep my big corner tank, and I'm going take the plants. They might survive in a bin for awhile. If not, oh well.

I'm going to miss my fish, but I think they will get good homes. And taking them and letting the suffer and die is not a better choice. When we get a new house and get settled, I'll either set up this tank or get one that fits the space. I want to limit it to four fish in the 77 gallons with lots of plants.

And here's the jungle now with 4 big goldies. There's also 11 glowlight tetras in there because I couldn't catch them the other day -- the power went out, so the tank was too full and there wasn't enough light to see them. I couldn't catch any of them until I had the tank almost drained. They are ninja fish!

Shawn

9314366813_521279696d_c.jpg

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Your tank is beautiful. My best to you and your husband with the move.

Good luck with the move Shawn! :thumbs: Hope to see you around here soon. I miss ya! ;)

All the best. :)

Good luck with the house sale and move!

I wish you guys well on the move

Beautiful tank!

Best of luck, Shawn!

Where in Texas will you be moving to?

Good luck with the move! Your tank is beautiful and I think you got very happy goldies! :)

I was just thinking of you yesterday as you were listed on the bottom of the forum page. It was your forum anniversary! :nana

I'm glad things are working out for you in Texas. Good luck with the move and try not to miss our wonderful Michigan winters! :rofl

Pop in and give us some updates every once in a while! I've missed ya around here. :hug

Lovely fish! Michigan will miss you.

I was just thinking about you the other day, and I'm glad to hear that you're well. :) We miss you, and hope to see you back soon.

Thanks. :heart

Alex, we are moving to Round Rock. My sister, brother and niece live there, and my mom bought a winter home there.

I want to add my wishes for a safe & happy move! :thumbup2:

Sorry you are having to rehome some fish, but it sounds like they will get good homes :)

Good luck with your move!!

Congrats on the soon to be move to Texas. I hope your house sells well and soon. Have a safe drive to Texas.
I'm sorry you have made the decision not to keep any of your goldies.

I was going to sell the tank too, but I decided to keep it, even though it will be a monster to move. I don't know what tank I'll want in the next house, but if I got there and wanted a corner tank, I would have cried.

Good Luck Shawn! I hope all goes well and we see you back here in the future with some new fishy friends :)

Sorry you had to rehome them, but thoughtful decision to make none the less :) Good luck with your move!

Good luck with the move!

good luck...we will miss ya... :hug

Good lucky!

Your house will sell in no time. I remember some of the pictures you showed and it was gorgeous

aawww hun :( i know it's a hard thing to do, but you did the right thing, i believe i would have done the same :)

i wish you good luck with the sale of your home & the move to Texas :bighug

i have a feeling you're gonna have goodbye cuddles with Molly! i will be there in spirit! consider it a group hug! :heart

I envy your tank =]

Best of luck with the move!

Thanks, everyone. I had thought about taking the fish, but Charly moved last year, and she lost fish. That made me rethink it. She had a shorter move and no kids. I will have two kids (need I say that they are the priority?), a young dog and a two-day trip, plus no way to put them in a permanent home for possible a couple of months. The odds would be against them.

Ashlee, do you remember me talking about putting a tank in the bathroom? That triggered two bathroom makeovers. I have pictures of the master bath here, if you'd like to see. :) The house is kind of for sale by owner now, but we are finishing the last projects now, and I have a few more pictures to take. Tomorrow I'm showing it to a woman whose sister moving in two houses down this year, so she's very very interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37542328@N06/sets/72157634567641207/

Edited by ShawneeRiver

Good to see you around again, Shawn. I wish you the best of luck for the move. :)

The bathroom renovations look great by the way. :)

Your house is lovely. Hope the move goes well and your back on koko's soon.