Would anyone like some Hornwort?

Kris0823

So my Hornwort is invading my tank. I have pruned & replanted around the tank as much as I care too & instead of throwing out new growth, I thought I would check here.

In about a week, there should be enough new growth to be worth mailing out. About every 2 weeks, there should be more! It grows like crazy!

I don't really want to mess with E-Bay so......

I MIGHT be able to take some off your hands. :)

Where I live, there is a major thunderstorm so I will not be able to get them until tomorrow or the next day.

Edited by Moucho+Moncho

Kris,

Your offer is fabulous, and I want to help get you rolling, so that you can share your plants. :) We have a private messaging system that comes into effect after you reach 100 posts. So have a look around, and have a good time. Once this PM system is in place, you'll be able to work with people, and process your shipments.

A note for some of our younger members: Please be sure to have your parent or guardian's permission, before giving away any personal information.

While you're working on your post count, go ahead and think about what it's going to cost to ship your hornwort. I do a lot of plant sharing, and I find that 8 dollars will usually suffice for all the packaging, and postage. Maybe post a few pictures, so that people can see what your plants look like. :)

This is such a nice thing to do, and I'm sure that we'll all be great friends. :)

Too bad I have artificial silk plants. It's too hard for me to grow live plants. I admire all those who do. :)

You should also show us your tank with your live plants. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want to see a photo. :)

If you have fluorescent lighting, you can grow it! It has no further requirements. Just 8 hours minimum of light. It doesn't even have roots! Just float it, clip it to the side of the tank, or put it in the gravel if the gravel isn't too tightly packed

I have river rocks, so the plants aren't too densely packed in there. They actually grow these anchor things, kind of like a root, though I am unsure what they are actually called, I forget! If they are too tightly packed, the part that is buried will die.

http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/kris0823/media/13726261834842_zps8e8e906f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

This was a few weeks ago after I pruned it & gave some to my parent's for their pond. It grew again & I transplanted some more around the tank. It is growing again & soon it will need pruning yet again.

Picture is bad cuz it's off of my cell. My digital camera is broke

Bare in mind, while it looks bare, I didn't hesitate to give a generous amount to my parent's because of the amazing speed to which this stuff grows. There is twice that amount in there now!