Update of my ranchu and oranda

Not posted much on my two lately, they have grown alot in the 10 or so months i've had them. Fishler the oranda in particular is massive now, he has overtaken thunder as the biggest and is a massive food hog. Im prety sure the're both girls as well, but any opinions would be good to hear.

Tank is basically the same, Ive removed three of the containers at the back containing the vallis at the back to give them more swimming room, may also remove 1 of the bowls in time for the same reason. They do act totally different when im not there, or when they think im not there, they are constantly at the front when im there looking for a feeding. But when im not there they get up into the plants etc, there favourite trick at the moment is removing all the gravel from inside the bowls, I have to put a few handfuls back in each week into the bowls, so gives you an idea how much gravel they can shift.

Im feeding Hikari Saki pellets, soaked for 10mins or so in the vid. They also get repashy soilent green, bloodworms, peas and greens, plus plants in the tank.

And when I first got them for size comparison lol.

what! I thought I must have been seeing something wrong when I looked at your oranda in the second video. What a huge change! They're both gorgeous :)

Gorgeous fish, and they have certainly grown well! :)

Just out of curiosity, why do you soak your food for so long? I would imagine that a one minute soak would suffice.

Thanks all, Interesting to see how big they get.

Gorgeous fish, and they have certainly grown well! :)

Just out of curiosity, why do you soak your food for so long? I would imagine that a one minute soak would suffice.

Trial and error, seems to digest and go through them quicker after a long soak. Thunder the ranchu can suffer a bit if pellets are not fully soft. The hikari saki pellets do go soft very quick which is good, the new life spectrum stayed hard even after 20 mins or so, they got binned.