I Have a Live Plant Again (LOLOL)

dnalex

About a month ago, Acro posted that he had an awesome anubias rooted on a fake log, along with two BN plecos, for sale.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/110907-rooted-anubias-and-bristlenose-plecos-for-sale/?hl=%2Bacro+%2Banubias

So, I jumped at the chance, since Sean's plants and decoration combinations are just amazing and I have been wanting to convert my 100 gallon tank into a planted tank again. Today, I received the box from Sean. I was a little worried, since it's been so hot, both here, and in Georgia. It turns out I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Sean's packing is just amazing, and everything came in perfect shape. The log and anubias were disinfected, and then added to the tank later. The 2 BNs are hanging out in my 10 gallons for a while, until I do some shuffling around to move some (gold)fish out of the 100g to accommodate them. In any case, I am so excited, that I thought I would share some pics of the new plant in the somewhat redecorated 100g. I am using a combination of T8 lighting, and 2 21 inch Marineland Hidden LEDs here.

This is the tank

002_zpsdb01ace4.jpg

Left side

007_zps7c6b455e.jpg

Right side

010_zps495e2211.jpg

Some close ups

006_zpsd1a851d9.jpg

005_zps08c39117.jpg

004_zpsbb2f864a.jpg

003_zps6e05e6f4.jpg

Thank you so much, Sean, for being an awesome person, and for such a fantastic job. I look forward to future buys from you! :thumbs:

Finally, here's a demo of how important camera settings can be. With a different setting, the pic makes the water look really cloudy. :o

001_zps7daa2801.jpg

That looks great! With that huge Anubias you certainly don't have room for all those fish! I'd be happy to take a couple of them off your hands. Yep, that's me--always looking out for others. :rofl

Thanks for the pics! :clapping:

That looks great! With that huge Anubias you certainly don't have room for all those fish! I'd be happy to take a couple of them off your hands. Yep, that's me--always looking out for others. :rofl

But where would you put them, I wonder?

He's going to send them to me, and I'll keep them in my handbag, like the fashion mayven that I am. :o

Pretty! Post pics. Of the plecos in there too! It looks snazzy :)

Thanks, Katie! I will. :)

dem chus ;)

:rofl

It's a nice green contrast in the tank! Looks good :)

Thank you, Number 2! :)

It looks stunning!!! :o :O

That's a beautiful anubias. :)

Thank you! I will be getting more soon! :)

Who are you and what have you done with the real, Alex?! We all know he doesn't keep plants. :rofl

Looks good! :)

I am the evil triplet, of course. :o:rofl

Thank you, Daniel! :rofl

Plants are like Pringles, you can't just have one.... You'll see, it's an addiction. :o

Oh, I know. I am planning to get some more already. :rofl

Oh wow! That Anubias is huge! Just wow!

Thanks, Chelsea! :)

I know! I'll trade you the plant for Waddles! :rofl

Very nice.. Do the fish hide in the log?

Thanks, Flips! :)

So far, they have not even tried to go in the log, at that I have seen. Lol

what a pretty plant :) i am sure it will thrive in your care :)

You are willing to bet on my black thumb? :rofl

Thank you, Helen! :D

:pp I am more than willing to bet on your black thumb. If I can keep them alive, anyone can! :o:rofl3

No deal. I don't even have Waddles yet. I have yet to see him waddle with my own 2 eyes!! :rofl

You only use 2? What about the others? :rofl

:wa The ones in the back of my head only function when watching my children. :rofl

No deal. I don't even have Waddles yet. I have yet to see him waddle with my own 2 eyes!! :rofl

:wa The ones in the back of my head only function when watching my children. :rofl

I have 4 in front, plus two in back. The nice thing about being a teacher is that I have use of all six, at all times. :rofl

That looks So Awesome dude :) WOOOT!!

Thank you, Koko! This will be fully planted in the coming months! :D

I have 4 in front, plus two in back. The nice thing about being a teacher is that I have use of all six, at all times. :rofl

Only 6?

Posted Image

That looks So Awesome dude :) WOOOT!!

Thank you, Koko! This will be fully planted in the coming months! :D

Only 6?

[url=http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/annoyed-im-watching-u-l.png]http://cdn.alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/large/annoyed-im-watching-u-l.png[/url]

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

laughing-lol-crazy.png

Sounds like sour grapes from someone with only 2 eyes! :rofl

Edited by yafashelli

Well If I didnt have a snail problem I would glady give ya some of my wild plants :o

It's OK. I'm going to take some plants from one of your helpers! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Who said I have only two eyes? :o