Adding Ferts to the Tank..yes or no...........which kind?

Jeana727

Since I have had Anubias for awhile AND now recently won a BUNCH of live plants here I am now wondering about adding fertilizers. I have looked into Flourish & Excel they seem good (I have used them in the past).....and Plant tabs (never used these myself). Wonder what ya'll find works best. And where do you get them from Psmart? Ebay? Foster & Smith?

I use Flourish and Flourish Excel. I think I got mine off of amazon, like everything else I buy. :rofl

I don't use root tabs as my tank is bare bottom and I don't know if I could . . .

Good luck with them Jeana! Pics once they're in, of course! :teehee

I buy all my ferts dry from here, and mix them with distilled water. They end up being much cheaper than buying already diluted ferts, because you're paying for the water. :)

Do you have heavy root feeders, that would benefit from root tablets? Swords, crypts, or plants of that nature? Your Lily and Banana plant might like them. The site I linked you to sells those as well. :)

Like Tammy I recently switched to dry ferts.... much cheaper than buying the liquid seachem ones (although these work great as well).

I also do root tabs near any heavy root feeders like swords or crypts. I buy mine here https://greenleafaquariums.com/aquarium-fertilizer.html

• 2 weeks later...

I just started using Flourish Excel and it has seemed to make a difference. Previous my java and sword plant would grow so slow they were covered in algae and I'd have to scrub them with a tooth brush weekly. So far, I have less algae growth on the leaves!

I use the Seachem products. So far I have not seen much progress with them. The plants did better when I used soil under my gravel and excel.

Edited by Hidr