Question about filtration

I currently have two tanks a 150 Gallon & a 90 Gallon. My goldfish is currently in my 90 Gallon with a rena filstar xp3 and two marineland 350 power filters but I was thinking about moving my goldfish to the 150 Gallon but not sure if the filters I have in mind would be enough GPH. I was going to move the 2 hob 350's and get a new rena xp4 canister which is 450 so thats total 1150 gph for a 150 gallon? too little or would that be enough?

I currently have two tanks a 150 Gallon & a 90 Gallon. My goldfish is currently in my 90 Gallon with a rena filstar xp3 and two marineland 350 power filters but I was thinking about moving my goldfish to the 150 Gallon but not sure if the filters I have in mind would be enough GPH. I was going to move the 2 hob 350's and get a new rena xp4 canister which is 450 so thats total 1150 gph for a 150 gallon? too little or would that be enough?

Hi Melissa! How are you? :)

I think moving your fish to a 150 is a good idea. The XP3 and the two Marineland together is a bit under for the 150g, and your idea would work, although we try to get as close to 10x filtration as we can, or over. This requirement is not quite the same with canisters, but the idea is that we want a lot of space for bio-filtration.

Instead of doing XP4 and the two Marinelands, how about keeping the XP3, and getting two AquaClear 110s? This would put you at about 1350 gph combine, and should be quite good. :)

That's a great idea but I think I will still get the xp4 and then get two aquaclear 110's that would put me at 1450! Thank you! I was a bit worried because I really wanted to move them but wasn't sure how i was going to do it because all of the hob's I had came across were only 350-400 gph. :)

That's a great idea but I think I will still get the xp4 and then get two aquaclear 110's that would put me at 1450! Thank you! I was a bit worried because I really wanted to move them but wasn't sure how i was going to do it because all of the hob's I had came across were only 350-400 gph. :)

If you are getting the XP4 AND the AC110s, that will be even better, of course! :D

Make sure that when you do the transfer, to trasnfer all your old media over, to preserve your cycle. :)