Is this an Oranda?

Melissa

Hi just wondering if this is an Oranda. I ordered him from my local fish store and he was suppose to be a 4.5" calico oranda. He doesnt really have a wen and his back fins are super short. Maybe he isnt fully developed? or maybe he isnt an oranda? any help would be great! Thankstumblr_mppgivwfnb1szm30ko1_500.jpg

He looks like an oranda to me :). Some food like blood worms will help with that wen growth :). What size tank is he in? He's a cutey. Was he Quarantined?

His body shape is really very cool. My Oranda took forever to show any kind of wen, but now, a year later, it's nice and afro-ish. Hang in there--they come with time, and good husbandry. :):heart

He's beautiful!

hard to tell with his fins down but I'm guessing Oranda as well :)

hopefully he'll cheer up and feel more comfortable in his new home and we'll see a happy fish with fins held high :) gorgeous calico coloring as well :)

Thanks everyone! I do love him. I love his coloring and I'm happy to know he is an oranda but i would have been just as happy regaurdless. He is in a 90 Gallon with two penguin 350 power filters and a Rena filstar large canister filter:)