Weird Stuff Goin On.

Erika

My poor sweet Julius is looking poor once again. If anyone remembers, he's the oranda that lost an eye a while ago, and he's the one with the weird pimple things on his tailfins. Well.......... he's got some other stuff going on now too.

He's had these 2 round, hard, small pimple things on tailfins, 1 pimple on each fin. Now, it looks like there's more stuff growing on his back fins, but they aren't round. It's a white growth, not fuzzy, not "icky". He seems in great spirits, but he seems to wobble even more when he swims. I took him out of the water to "investigate" the stuff, and I noticed something even weirder. What looked like poop hanging out of his bum isn't poop. It doesn't ever fall out. and it's no way just his regular "pooper" cuz it sticks out about as far as this --- Is my poor little Julius destined for problems? Anyone have any ideas what all this is??

The others are perfectly fine. :huh:

Guest tooterfish

yes, i read something... let me see if i can find it again...

The vent does not appear to be inflamed, but no fecal matter can be expressed completely, and is dragged around like a long slimey string The intestines are affected with either:

a). Bacteria

B). Flagellates

c). Worms.

Make a fecal mount to determine the problem

Treat with:

a). Gentamycin -or- Sulfa 4 TMP

B). & c). = Paracide-X

this was found at fishyfarmacy.com

if you do treat this fish, you would want to trest your tank.

bacterial infections can be contagious, as can parasites.

this is just something i had read...

you will have to determine if it fits into your symptoms.

-Tooter

Guest tooterfish

sorry it turned my B.) into a smiley with glasses,

also after re-reading your post.. i would lean more to bacterial, with the white growth...

-Toot

So what do you all think I should do? The white spots aren't fuzzy. Should I treat for a bacterial infection? If yes, which medicine should I use? My tank is at a .3 salt concentration right now, so I won't have to add any. Man, i wish I had my digital camera. He's hanging out in the back of the tank, towards the bottom now, kinda hanging out in the bubbles. These white areas are only on his fins also, none on the body. I'm totally clueless as to what this is....

Archived