Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

My new Betta :D Names?

Angel fish can get quite big and have aggression issues if kept in small tanks even if paired , so the standard for those are 20 and ten for each additional fish ,

And plecos have the same waste equivalent as goldfish

And here is the size of an adult lake sunny image_zps8bccbbdb.jpg

So ATM the ten gallon is overstocked

I know it is. I want to and will most likely release the sunnys. That leaves me with the Agels, plecos, and snail. I guess I will have to bring them back to my LFS :cry. But I am not parting with my albino BN Pleco. I can have him on one side and an otto cat on the other of the ten gallon. :)

What do you guys think about for lighting on this tank if I want to grow plants? I want it heavily planted :). I'm thinking two of these on the 10 would look great!

http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-UltraSun-Daylight-Fluorescent/dp/B003QZF7JA/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1373170996&sr=1-1&keywords=CFL+plant+bulb

I like Onyx. I had a goldfish pass that was named Onyx :heart

Nice betta!

The mod team has elected to prohibit you from getting any more animals until you consult with us! :rofl

:tomuch:

he is very beautiful! I hope you can get a good setup for him :)

I hope so too!

Does the ten gallon with a divider sound okay?

that sounds great :) and petco is having their dollar per gallon sale!

I doubt my mom would let me set up another tank :(. I wouldn't even know where to put it :o. I have no more room in my room! I have an aquarium! :rofl

what are you going to do then? :(

Looks like I can't do what I wanted to. My 20 dollar bill is missing.... I didn't spend it and I had it in my wallet at the pet store. All I did was take out 4 dollars to buy the betta and beta leaf. Now, my 20 dollars is gone. And it was in my wallet when I got home. I had like 30 dollars. I was going to buy a heater, light bulbs, and thermometers. Looks like I can't now. I have 600 in the bank, but my mom wouldn't let me take that out :(. I can ask though.

He's very pretty, Mikey. Have you given him a name yet? If not, I think he looks like a Spectre. :)

Good luck finding him permanent accommodation. If you can't though, perhaps it would be best to give these fish to reputable homes or return them to the store. It may sound mean, but you shouldn't be irresponsible and selfish by keeping an animal(s) that you can't adequately look after.

I'm going to see if the ten gallon tank in the shed leaks or not :). If not, I have a hood and filter. All I need to do is clean the tank and filter, get the light bulbs, heater, divider, gravel, and plants :). I'll beg my mom to let me have it. :rofl

Definitely ask your parents. The tank is in their house, and you need to get permission before setting things like that up, since it does ultimately become another animal for them to fund. :)

They don't pay for my animals I do :rofl. I buy all the supplies, do all the water changes, and feedings :P. they just pay for the water and electric. Lol

he is a handsome betta for sure :)

a divided 10 gallon will be a great home for him and a friend,in the mean time do daily w/c's and keep him in a warm room until you can get him set up properly,

They don't pay for my animals I do :rofl. I buy all the supplies, do all the water changes, and feedings :P. they just pay for the water and electric. Lol

If there's an issue, Heaven forbid, and a tank fails, or an electrical item malfunctions, it's your folks who'll have to foot the bill. There's a fine line that you're toeing.

No more fish, Mike. No more fish.

he is a handsome betta for sure :)

a divided 10 gallon will be a great home for him and a friend,in the mean time do daily w/c's and keep him in a warm room until you can get him set up properly,

He is in a very warm room :). My room. :rofl

If there's an issue, Heaven forbid, and a tank fails, or an electrical item malfunctions, it's your folks who'll have to foot the bill. There's a fine line that you're toeing.

No more fish, Mike. No more fish.

I know. No more fish :).

beautiful betta! :)
How many tanks do you have in your room, Mike? :)

Name him batman he is so cool looking. I would love a black one.

beautiful betta! :)

How many tanks do you have in your room, Mike? :)

5 as of now. :rofl

awesome! that´s a lot! :)
You definitely need a bigger room! :D

awesome! that´s a lot! :)

You definitely need a bigger room! :D

Thanks. Yeah, it is a lot. I wasn't home, and I missed one, my 20 gallon that I am working on a fishless cycle with. :teehee. I am hoping to get to 2 tanks, and then a QT tank in the shed if need be, and a bird. :rofl

so you got 6 tanks right now and looking forward to 3 new tanks? :)
you are really in fishkeeping, Mike! :)
so awesome! :)

so you got 6 tanks right now and looking forward to 3 new tanks? :)

you are really in fishkeeping, Mike! :)

so awesome! :)

oops. My bad, I missed a word. I meant to say I get down to 2 tanks. :rofl. And yes, I am really into fish keeping. I would do anything for my fish. :)

that´s great! :)
I would do anything for my fish too :):goldfish:

He is AWESOME!!! I rarely see nice crowntails around here; I want one so bad xD alas, I love the betta I have already, Cap'n Firebeard.

You must be SO BUSY with all those tanks you have! How do you find time to do anything else? :P :P :P I want another 10 gal, which would be my third tank, but it just sounds like such a daunting scenario for me xD

Thank you. :teehee. I really don't know how I find the time. I just do :rofl3. He is a crown tail, but he is a black orchard. :)