Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

My new Betta :D Names?

Here is my new Black Orchid Crowntail Betta. He had some fin rot and fungal issues when he came into the pet store a few weeks ago, well, he was all better :D. So I took him home. I have melafix, and a spare tank ready is need be. But, I think the bigger bowl will keep him stress free. Here is a picture of him up close and his set up.

null_zpsa2745a2e.png

null_zps1bd18182.jpg

Edited by mikeydude319

Mike, I thought you weren't getting any more fish? :o:SmackBottom:

no more goldfish :pp

no more goldfish :pp

Lol! Still, I spank in your general direction.

He's beautiful. :)

:tomuch:

Edited by mikeydude319

He is gorgeous. Personally, I'd set up a nice tank for him! He'd look amazing among thick, bright foliage with a small handful of Tetras to compliment him. :heart

I like your Betta and his color. Congrats on him and not getting another goldfish. :teehee

I like his sleeping leaf. You should put in at least another plant for him to hide in back of if he wants to. He just seems to be left out in the open a little too much.

I like your Betta and his color. Congrats on him and not getting another goldfish. :teehee

I like his sleeping leaf. You should put in at least another plant for him to hide in back of if he wants to. He just seems to be left out in the open a little too much.

definitely, my LFS just doesn't have any java fern in right now :)

He is gorgeous. Personally, I'd set up a nice tank for him! He'd look amazing among thick, bright foliage with a small handful of Tetras to compliment him. :heart

I would like to set up a ten gallon tank and put a divider in and block it off and put my bettas in with black gravel, colormax aqueon bulb, and many plants. Also, a small filter so the current isn't too strong. But, my mom would yell at me if I set up another tank.

Edited by mikeydude319

In caution of melafix, 1/4th the recommended dose (only dosed once- not daily as recommended on the bottle) is the correct dose for bettas- anymore is an overdose.

Make sure you get a heater and a tank sufficient enough to add filtration for him. He'll really need both of those things, despite his size ;)

But congratulations. He is a beautiful fish!

Very pretty and unique betta! Love his fins! :heart

In caution of melafix, 1/4th the recommended dose (only dosed once- not daily as recommended on the bottle) is the correct dose for bettas- anymore is an overdose.

Make sure you get a heater and a tank sufficient enough to add filtration for him. He'll really need both of those things, despite his size ;)

But congratulations. He is a beautiful fish!

Thank you :). And I want to get a 10 gallon and put a divider and little filter on plant it and put both my bettas in. I also have a round tailed dragon I believe. :). He is in a 1 gallon Aqueon set up. (No filter it's too strong) and a 7 watt light his water stats pretty warm :). I have another Betta, he is 4 years old and not doing good. He lost most of his tail over the last year (not fin rot) and lost his color. He isn't eating and he is bottom sitting now. I don't think he is going to make it :cry.

Make a D&D thread in the betta section for him :)

1 gallon is too small. The temperature may be warm, but heaters are there for temperature regulation too, and such small water volumes fluctuate very quickly and may even happen without you noticing.

I wrote this not too long ago which talks about housing and why it is a vitally important decision. http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/111392-bowls-are-foes-for-bettas-too/

Edited by Narny105

Nice betta!

The mod team has elected to prohibit you from getting any more animals until you consult with us! :rofl

Don't worry, Alex. I'll give him what-for, next time I see him. :rofl

he is very beautiful! I hope you can get a good setup for him :)

I like Onyx. I had a goldfish pass that was named Onyx :heart

Nice betta!

The mod team has elected to prohibit you from getting any more animals until you consult with us! :rofl

I hope so too!

Does the ten gallon with a divider sound okay?

Edited by mikeydude319

Nice betta!

I hope so too!

that sounds great :) and petco is having their dollar per gallon sale!

Nice betta!

I hope so too!

I doubt my mom would let me set up another tank :(. I wouldn't even know where to put it :o. I have no more room in my room! I have an aquarium! :rofl

Nice betta!

I hope so too!

I doubt my mom would let me set up another tank :(. I wouldn't even know where to put it :o. I have no more room in my room! I have an aquarium! :rofl

what are you going to do then? :(

I don't know. I have a ten gallon, but I have 2 angel fish, a BN and Gibby Pleco, snail, and sunnys from my lake. I don't want to release the sunnys or bring back the other fish. :(.

Maybe I can secretly do it? I can move my 10 gallon QT on the floor and get a new tank at Petco and fill it then run one of my Aquaclear 20's on it after soaking it in a 1:12 bleach solution and double primed. I can then do a fishless cycle and add the fish, gravel, and plants when it's done? I have a hood For it, and I can get 2 CFL plant bulbs, and 2 otto cats. One on each side of the divider :P

Edited by mikeydude319

Angel fish can get quite big and have aggression issues if kept in small tanks even if paired , so the standard for those are 20 and ten for each additional fish ,

And plecos have the same waste equivalent as goldfish

And here is the size of an adult lake sunny image_zps8bccbbdb.jpg

So ATM the ten gallon is overstocked

Edited by Gustave