Cabombas?

kaylaj2355

Does anyone know how cabombas reproduce? This morning I have tons of little spots on the inside of my tank glass, and when I look close, they move with the current and look like tiny cabomba poofs. They are so small and clear, though. They almost look like jellyfish the size of a pinhead.

I need to check on my filters ;) thank you!! This is my ghost shrimp tank so it doesn't get much attention.

Weird!! I do have baby shrimp but I have NO idea why. There is no trace of salt in my tank anywhere and yet they thrive.

Eek, the ways to get rid of hydra will definitely kill my ghost shrimp. Hmmm.

Hydra is a really neat organism. If you have a microscope, they can be very cool to look at. :)

For the record cabomba generally puts out runners (new shoots), they don't create—what for the purposes of this explanation—look like spores.

Yeah the cabomba was my first thought because of the tentacles xD they do look like tiny cabomba poofs! But it's definitely hydra, now I need to figure out how to get rid of it.

Darnit, this was supposed to be my low key tank xD big water changes freak me out because I don't like the shrimp touching me xD

And siphoning scares me because some of the babies are so small. I'm afraid! If these hydra are going to be a constant pest I might just break the tank down. I never have time to do too much maintenance on it and now I've obviously caused myself a problem.

Edited by kaylaj2355