A Post From Mjm579

Guest tooterfish

Guest tooterfish

This was added to another thread, i copied and pasted so it would have it's own beginning...

Along these same lines, I also have a question. I recently purchased a Ryunkin from a local fish store. I purchased her from the store thinking she had one white eye and one red...since she is a red/white ryunkin, I did not think this was a problem. When I put her in the tank at home I noticed that the eye that was red, appeared to be BLOOD red, with a little swelling. I am REALLY worried about her, and was wondering if anyone could offer any help. The activity level is fine, and she seems to be eating well, but I am really worried about the eye. I used to work at a vet hospital, but I have never had much experience with fish. The eye reminds me of a PUG (the little brown/tan dogs with curley tails and BUG eyes) that we saw that was hit by car, we ended up having to enucleate (remove the eye). I have not had her for long, and I am sure the pet store would take her back, but I am just worried that she will not get the CARE that she needs. PLEASE HELP, before my two day warrenty runs out. I am really concerned.

I forgot to add that I can be contacted at mjm579@psu.edu. It would be easier for me to check my email than find this thread...but you can feel free to post it in both locations. Thanks in advance.

Mandi

thanks -Tooter

Guest martinez14pr

i would suggest calling your pet store and telling them that your fish is very injured and that they sold you poor quality "merchandise" they might be willing to give you store credit. In the meantime, (i know if it was me i wouldn't want to return him) you can treat this little guy and try to nurse him back to health. Try adding a little aquarium salt to the water to prevent a bacterial infection from growing in the eye (if it doesn't have one already) Also it might help the swelling of the eye. use the directions on the back of the aquarium salt box to help you with salt per gallon questions. Hopefully someone can chime in here with any suggestions.

Archived