Upsidedown Floating

Shukura

Not so much. I'm completely broke and jobless. T^T

I have Doc in a 5 gal tank for the metro bath, so it'll last a bit longer. Though of course the waters not gunna last as long before it gets messy...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

): Wrong country, as usual. I'll work on getting more metro, but in the meantime what's the plan of attack?

Does the metro/epsom need changing everyday?

• Supporter

): Wrong country, as usual. I'll work on getting more metro, but in the meantime what's the plan of attack?

Does the metro/epsom need changing everyday?

how well do you guys use paypal over there? ie, if you can transfer it to your account, how soon would it clear? how much do you need? i can paypal you some $$ and you can just pay it back when you can. will that help?

Wow thanks for the offer Helen! <3 Don't worry though I've managed to sort out the cash side.

The next question is how much many more bags of metro am I going to need?

• Supporter

It's in IV bags, the box says Each 100ml contains Metronidazole BP 500mg.

Unfortunately, there's not enough to do waterborne treatments. :(

This works out to 5000mg/L, so you would have to dilute by 500x to treat. A 40L QT tank would require 400mg, or 80ml. That would wipe out over half of what you have.

For now, let add 1/4 teaspoon Epsom per 10 gallons. Is he eating?

Wow thanks for the offer Helen! <3 Don't worry though I've managed to sort out the cash side.

The next question is how much many more bags of metro am I going to need?

here is the information that alex mentioned re the dosages your need. work it out based on that, i have also alerted him to your reply, we should hear from him shortly :)

Thinking about numbers is not my strong point at all. I could sit here all day trying to work something as basic as that out and still end up with the wrong answer lol xD. I was more wondering how many days the treatment would be going on. But anyway, tis sorted now.

I got the metro! 500mL more.

So. 80ml / 400mg of metro and 1/4 teaspoon of epsom salt per 10gals.

For how long?

Until the pineconing goes down, and then one week after that. Because meds are limiting, we are going to cheat a little and not do water changes for four days at a time, unless we have to. So, check your params, OK.

I'd like for you to make some food with just metro and feed if he is willing to eat.

Hang in there.

As of today (25/7) the pineconing has gone down completely. The popeye went away a few days ago.

He is still upside down and still has the lump I circled in the photo on the previous page. Still eating just fine and does the happy wiggle when he sees me. :)

It's day 8 of the metro bath.

Day 16 of feeding. 14 days of actual feeding. ((had two days of not feeding while we were sorting out the bath)) 8 with furan 2, and 6 without,

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been 8 days since the last post. I can't say it's looking good.

Though the dropsy signs have all gone, he's C-ing very slightly now and doesn't seem to be using his right pectoral (on the inner side of the C) very much at all. ): He keeps it flared while the left fin does the work.

I was hoping to just move him into the inside tank where it's warm and clean and see how he does as an upside-down fish, but that was before he started bending.

He's still keen to eat but I dunno what to do now. ):

Let's just cease the medications and just give him clean water. We needed the meds to relieve the dropsy symptoms, and now that they are gone, let's stop that.

I'm sorry. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing's changing. D:

I did witness Doc diving the the bottom to try eat some poo (lol), so maybe he wouldn't do too bad upside down?

My big question now is, would it be safe for my other fish to put him back in either the 200L or back out in the pond?

I am having exactly the same problem now with one of mine for 1 week. Diff here is tank is indoor and water temp is usually around 28 - 30. Just did water change today and dose seachem stress guard. This is the only med I have currently.

What should I do? I have both floating and sinking food.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from Android using Tapatalk 2

I am having exactly the same problem now with one of mine for 1 week. Diff here is tank is indoor and water temp is usually around 28 - 30. Just did water change today and dose seachem stress guard. This is the only med I have currently.

What should I do? I have both floating and sinking food.

IMG_20130818_180027.jpg

IMG_20130818_180610.jpg

Sent from Android using Tapatalk 2

Lets not hijack this thread :). If you could, please make a thread in the D&D section and fill out the form on the too if the page as completely as possible. Edited by mikey

• 2 weeks later...

So. I made the decision to euth him. He only lasted a couple of days in the pond before he got stuck on his side on the shallow bit. When I fished him out he'd pineconed again and hasn't responded to treatment at all this time. ):

Thanks for all you help <3