My Chinese friends --- Their goldfish

The green carpet looks awesome :) What exactly is needed to grow a carpet like that? :o

Silk algae will only grow in the N (nitrate, etc.) content is low, the light intensity of ordinary water. So once the fish tank can grow silk algae, congratulations , your water very good quality control.

Nutrition can generate high algae (diatoms, etc.); Too little nutrition, too little light will generate brown algae.

Goldfish looks like green carpet, green carpet also protect their body,maybe they are more comfortable.

I have good water, but I still get the clear gunk and brown algae in my glass. It is never green. My tank is in front of a window and still. Maybe not enough lighting? On my ten gallon, there is dark green algae growing on the sand :o. I'm sure my plecos and snail are enjoying that. What confuses me is that the tank up there had little maintenance besides water changes and no special lighting. It is not in front of a window, so that confuses me. I guess higher wattage lighting on my 55? Yup definitely, I only have 30 watts in total :o

You need more higher wattage lighting if you want to green carpet. Lights must penetrate depth to cylinder bottom, Lighting for 12 to 15 hours a day,only a few days you can see the green dot,This is a successful start. Maybe you can see green carpet after three weeks.

But you should pay attention to water temperature, choose your lamp suitable for your tank. Maybe 60 watts total? This is an interesting experiment.^_^

I have my lights on 12 hours a day already :). And as for the lighting, I can seem to find anything that is more than 15 watts :(. Ill go to my LFS and look at their bulbs to see what they have :). I want green carpet, does it help with the color of the fish? And does it provide more nutrients so the fish grow better?

fantastic pictures! I've always had trouble growing green algae, I'm very jealous of those who can. Maybe it's something in the water in China! :rofl

The best Chinese goldfish in fuzhou of fujian, perhaps really has something to do with water、temperature, and sunlight, I guess

the goldfish in the amazon will become better ^_^

I have my lights on 12 hours a day already :). And as for the lighting, I can seem to find anything that is more than 15 watts :(. Ill go to my LFS and look at their bulbs to see what they have :). I want green carpet, does it help with the color of the fish? And does it provide more nutrients so the fish grow better?

The answer is yes.

But the green carpet is a kind of fun.

Don't too care about that.

All roads lead to Rome.

You have beautiful goldfish.

The answer is yes.

But the green carpet is a kind of fun.

Don't too care about that.

All roads lead to Rome.

You have beautiful goldfish.

Thank you :). I will check Walmart too, I saw bulbs that say aquarium plants. I will see how many watts they are :) my tank is also directly in front of a window so I'm sure that helps :). I have a UV sterilizer on my tank though, will that effect the green carpet growth? It is a grech 13 watt 210 GPH. Edited by mikeydude319

I could go a green carpet in the summer and it looks very nice. My tank water turns green incredibly quickly. We have been discussing this a bit in the Subbie section. My water is soft (slightly softer than recommended) and the tank is near a window (with, now, light for all but a couple of hours in the middle of the night). Newton was in Green water for about 4 weeks before I got tired of it.

The water begins to turn green and algae grow on the sides after 3/4 days.

I have a UV sterilizer on my tank though, will that effect the green carpet growth? It is a grech 13 watt 210 GPH.

Indeed there will be affected

I could go a green carpet in the summer and it looks very nice. My tank water turns green incredibly quickly. We have been discussing this a bit in the Subbie section. My water is soft (slightly softer than recommended) and the tank is near a window (with, now, light for all but a couple of hours in the middle of the night). Newton was in Green water for about 4 weeks before I got tired of it.

The water begins to turn green and algae grow on the sides after 3/4 days.

Oh, you are great :thumbup2:

Green water is good, But one more thing, It is very important.

If your green water become to clear water unreasonable after one night (except using uv ...), it is very dangerous ,change water immediately.

So if I get the green carpet, when it's done growing, I can turn my UV sterilizer back on? I don't want green water, I just want the carpet. And I stil can't find any bulbs higher than 15 watts 18 inch T8. :(

So if I get the green carpet, when it's done growing, I can turn my UV sterilizer back on? I don't want green water, I just want the carpet. And I stil can't find any bulbs higher than 15 watts 18 inch T8. :(

Two lights or more

Sunlight is the best

Changing water often.

I don't have the uv for goldfish.

I usually open uv 2 hours a day automatically for carp.

you have some amazing goldfish and tanks :) now I want a pool full of goldfish ;) lol

thanks for sharing your pics and info :)

the blue carpet?what is it??

That's not blue carpet

The plate is blue , under the tank

Have the effect of shock absorption

Wow these pictures are incredible!! I, too, am a huge fan of the green carpet. Just beautiful.

The pearlscales are amazing :)

wow!! I love the green carpet! I am so jealous of those of you that get green algae.... I have never had green algae in my tank

Absolutely stunning fish as well!