My Chinese friends --- Their goldfish

Many chinese friends like goldfish. Since a long time ago, Maybe 3000 years ago,Chinese people breeding goldfish in green water,They find the green water for the goldfish is very good. This is an ancient technology.

151082300.xDl1sZtx.a044ad3459_099bea.jpg

Now a lot of people like green carpets in their tanks, using the sunlight or lighting, make a green carpet.

151082255.oTrO6GjX.0bd162d9f2_d0c343.jpg

151082291.5bUSHqac.63d9f2d357_03c210.jpg

151082292.tuJedUhO.314e251f95_3d511e.jpg

151082302.ILnIY8HE.a71ea8d3fd_c85ebb.jpg

I also love the green carpet. I love your fish pool and love all the beautiful fish. I was so excited to see a huge Crowned Pearlscale. I have a small one that is 4 inches in total length. Thanks for all the photo's. :)

LOVE your fish! :D. For the green carpet, do you pretty much just scrub the sides of the glass and not the bottom?

LOVE your fish! :D. For the green carpet, do you pretty much just scrub the sides of the glass and not the bottom?

You are very clever :thumbup2:

This is the truth

The green carpet looks awesome :) What exactly is needed to grow a carpet like that? :o

Silk algae will only grow in the N (nitrate, etc.) content is low, the light intensity of ordinary water. So once the fish tank can grow silk algae, congratulations , your water very good quality control.

Nutrition can generate high algae (diatoms, etc.); Too little nutrition, too little light will generate brown algae.

Goldfish looks like green carpet, green carpet also protect their body,maybe they are more comfortable.

The green carpet looks awesome :) What exactly is needed to grow a carpet like that? :o

Silk algae will only grow in the N (nitrate, etc.) content is low, the light intensity of ordinary water. So once the fish tank can grow silk algae, congratulations , your water very good quality control.

Nutrition can generate high algae (diatoms, etc.); Too little nutrition, too little light will generate brown algae.

Goldfish looks like green carpet, green carpet also protect their body,maybe they are more comfortable.

I have good water, but I still get the clear gunk and brown algae in my glass. It is never green. My tank is in front of a window and still. Maybe not enough lighting? On my ten gallon, there is dark green algae growing on the sand :o. I'm sure my plecos and snail are enjoying that. What confuses me is that the tank up there had little maintenance besides water changes and no special lighting. It is not in front of a window, so that confuses me. I guess higher wattage lighting on my 55? Yup definitely, I only have 30 watts in total :o

I have good water, but I still get the clear gunk and brown algae in my glass. It is never green. My tank is in front of a window and still. Maybe not enough lighting? On my ten gallon, there is dark green algae growing on the sand :o. I'm sure my plecos and snail are enjoying that. What confuses me is that the tank up there had little maintenance besides water changes and no special lighting. It is not in front of a window, so that confuses me. I guess higher wattage lighting on my 55? Yup definitely, I only have 30 watts in total :o

You need more higher wattage lighting if you want to green carpet. Lights must penetrate depth to cylinder bottom, Lighting for 12 to 15 hours a day,only a few days you can see the green dot,This is a successful start. Maybe you can see green carpet after three weeks.

But you should pay attention to water temperature, choose your lamp suitable for your tank. Maybe 60 watts total? This is an interesting experiment.^_^