From better to worse.

Hello all, I posted this topic a few days ago and things seemed like they where getting better for my poor magneto... But now he is acting very lethargic and kind of just floats around or will fide under a plant so he wont float away. Since I posted the other topic I was doing small water changes every day and he seemed to be healing. now this...

Water params are the same as before, ill fill out another form though.

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)- less than .25
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)- 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)- 0ish
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)- less than .25
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)- 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)- not sure, but last time a checked 0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
      • * Water temperature? about 75
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 10 gal, about a year
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 1 aquaclear hob 50 and 1 aquaclear hob 25
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 50% every week. (recently 25% ish everyday)
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? yesterday, about 25%
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 small oranda
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? every day, some soilent green
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? no
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. He was prazi'd when I first got him.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Brown spots (healing ammonia burns?)
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? lethargic, floats to the top occasionally. He is bottom sitting and was hesitant to eat today. I eventually got him to eat some soilent green.

thanks so much guys.

Hi Melinda,

I'm sorry he is doing poorly. Please hold off on the soilent green until the Mods can tune in and help out. Many fish thrive on SG but my fish did a bit of what you are describing - he floated lethargically around the top third of the tank. You might try feeding him a bit of spinach or a pea rather than the SG, just to see if it makes a difference.

A video would also really help others assess his behavior. Until then, keep up with the water changes and feed him some veggies.

I'm sorry your fish isn't doing good at all. I'm not a mod so I don't want to suggest anything. Hopefully when someone sees this they will get your fish to feeling better soon.

Hi Melinda,

I'm sorry your fish is doing poorly again. I'd like for you to check a couple of things for me, please. First, I'd like for you to take a look at the gills and see what color they are and their general appearance. I would also like for you to gently feel the belly of the fish. Is he still eating OK?

Hi Melinda,

I'm sorry he is doing poorly. Please hold off on the soilent green until the Mods can tune in and help out. Many fish thrive on SG but my fish did a bit of what you are describing - he floated lethargically around the top third of the tank. You might try feeding him a bit of spinach or a pea rather than the SG, just to see if it makes a difference.

A video would also really help others assess his behavior. Until then, keep up with the water changes and feed him some veggies.

These are very sensible suggestions, and I concur.