Pearlies pearlies everywhere!

Hello all,

I'm still quite new to Koko's but I decided I will share some videos of my new babies! I have had these two little pearlscales for 3 weeks now. They are currently living in a 10 gallon tank. A couple days ago I set up a second filter because my water was getting murky. I bought a 40 gallon aquarium and supplies from a girl on craigslist and it came with an Eheim canister filter (I still don't know the model number, lol), which I added to the tank. When I came home today the water seemed much clearer! I did a 30% water change and had to head out again, but I'm a lot more relaxed now that I know my little ones are happy and healthy while I'm away from home for a few days!

Their names are Ping and Pong! (lol!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ohwEJrFD9o

This one's not the greatest quality cause I had to take it with my cellphone, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRja-rIa60I

This was when the water was a little more murky, right after I set up the second filter and did a water change.

My YouTube channel will be getting filled with more videos of my fish, so if anyone out there loves pearlscales like I do, feel free to stay tuned. :D

Hope you guys enjoy!

I'm so glad you posted video's of your pearlscales. They are so adorably fat in your close ups of them. How big are they?

Seeing your two cuties are in a 10g tank until you get your 40 setup I would do a much bigger water change. It's advised to do at least a 50% or more, weekly. I would do at least 80% every 5 days.

like the pearlies......so pretty..........glad to see you are gonna set up a 40 gal. for them.......they will grow and love the space......until then like 4prettyfish said I would do larger water changes...............oh and welcome to the site.......we LOVE to see pics !!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

To those who recommend a bigger water change every week: I am aware of this. I did an 80% water change about two days before this, and a 100% water change a couple days before that one. I'm not at home for this weekend so wasn't able to do a more thorough one yesterday, 'cause I had to leave right away. I thought a little one would still help since I'll be back in 3 or 4 days from now.

My family at home is feeding them for me and I told them how to do it and how much to feed them. They're in good hands.

Aww, what cuties! Their names are perfect too!

Pearlscales are one of the breeds I never see around here. I wish my local pet stores had them; they're so round and adorable. :wub:

I wanna see more pearlscales too!

I'm so glad you posted video's of your pearlscales. They are so adorably fat in your close ups of them. How big are they?

Seeing your two cuties are in a 10g tank until you get your 40 setup I would do a much bigger water change. It's advised to do at least a 50% or more, weekly. I would do at least 80% every 5 days.

Oh and they are, the last time I checked, about an inch and a quarter long I think...perhaps slightly less than that even. :)

Congratulations on finally cycling your tank.

Thanks for the new video. Your pearlscales are so darn cute and fat. They look much wider then mine. :( ha ha

Thanks for the new video. Your pearlscales are so darn cute and fat. They look much wider then mine. :( ha ha

Hehe awwh thanks and you're welcome. Glad you like them :)

Really? Do you have pics up or vids?

Hehe awwh thanks and you're welcome. Glad you like them :)

Really? Do you have pics up or vids?

I'm sorry I just saw your post. I think I'm going to post a new thread of my crowned pearlscale because she has definitely grew bigger through the middle since this photo. It was taken on (I believe) 6-15-13. In the photo she had lost a pearl. It's that white mark on her side. :( I can't tell now though. :)

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r594/4prettyfish/DSC01981_zpsaa67bd04.jpg