Sign in to follow this  
Jeana727

Someone's In The QT Tank!

Congratulations on your lovely new birthday fish. :birthdayhap: Maybe it wasn't meant for you to get the RG fish because Daisy was meant to go home with you. :P

Well, sadly she didn't make it. :cry Yesterday I noticed she was not swimming around as usual. Then I noticed some Ich!! (Thank goodness for QT tanks!!) I began the treatment this morning & we left to go visit our sons. Upon returning I found her dead.

I will sterilize my 10 gallon tank & then start over preparing it again.

I hate it that she passed, she was SO cute. And I haven't had a Ryukin in along time. Little Daisy wasn't here long, but will be missed :(

Emptied the tank & washed it down. I added water & some bleach to allow it to run to make sure there are NO Eckies let alive in there. Then I will start over.

Luckily I have EVERYTHING separate for the QT tank even has it's own small siphon hose, bucket, net & etc.....So I bleached all that too. No Cooties!!!

Edited by Jeana727

I'm so sorry she didn't make it :hug

You are so awesomely prepared for QT, I wish you luck with who makes it home with you next!

I'm so sorry she didn't make it :(

Awwww, sorry jeana. :hug

I'm so sorry :(

Thanks Ya'll. I REALLY appreciate each of you!!!

I took her poor lil' dead body back to Psmart w/receipt. The manager happened to be right there when I was handing it to the girl. She came over & we were talking. I told her about being ALL prepared & then it STILL not ending well. I was telling her how I recleaned & sit up the tank. She took me over to look at the goldies & asked if I liked any of them. I pointed out one that had caught my eye. She bagged it up & then got me a big bottle of Melafix & Primafix and let me have them free. She said they should help during the QT. (I've never done that but read up on the internet & decided to give it a try. Especially since the Psmart tanks are all in-line)

So I'm giving it a try. (I'm gonna hold off on pictures...don't wanna Jinx it!) But she's Orange & White....mostly White!! Supposed to be a Ryukin...but I'm not 100% sure!

Edited by Jeana727

I hope that the new baby works out for you. :hug

My condolences on your loss.

Still looking good! I just did a big water change & then fed her one small softened pellet.....she DEVOURED it!

She is SO cute....scooting all over the little tank...........OH CRAP....I am ALREADY ATTACHED TO HER.....I was TRYING to stay distant "just in case".....Well THAT plan didn't work too well!!!

I am kinda liking adding a little bit of the Primafix & Melafix......don't know if they really help...but I don't think they can hurt....AND it lets me think I am doing something more!!!

Sorry you lost Daisy :( I hate when that happens :( especially after you have shared pics :(

I have used melafix and primafix in the past and love that they are all natural additives :)

I hope your new guy/gal hangs in there a little better :) keep us posted :)

Still lookin' good :fishtank (Yep, that's ME watchin' her) (P.S. ALL fish are "her" til I find out otherwise) But I am HOPING she is a she.............because "her" name is LILIFLORA which means Lily Flower. I'm sure she'll end up Lily but for now Liliflora sounds SWANKY!!! :teehee

:read This is me this morning.....Heavy Rain is on the way so I ran my errands ASAP...THEN went to Starbucks (My hubby LOADED my prepaid App on my phone!!!!) sipped a Java Chip Frappichino while sitting inside messin' with my phone! Then I even got a decaf coffee to go FREE!!! Now I am back home SOOOOOO: Let the Rain Begin!!!!!

(Please don't think I just lost Daisy & don't care....I only had her a short time but was REALLY excited to have her...she was Definitely a Ryukin...sort of a lil' TRIANGLE with FINS!!) I am hoping Lily is a Ryukin but am not totally certain!) She's kinda "pointed" but fish I buy often change type or sex on me!! LOL!!

Edited by Jeana727

I'm sorry things didn't work out with Daisy, I hope things go better with Lilyflora <3 My condolences.

Thank you

I'm so sorry about Daisy, but I think that that's a really nice thing they did for you, for your new fish.

May you be blessed with an uneventful QT.

Oh Jeana I'm sure you cared for daisy,I don't think anyone here would think otherwise :(

I my self know how attached we can get to the new little ones so fast :( I have had my heart set on finding a little calico tele for my tank for months now :( and I thought I found the one and sadly she was gone in less than two days :( I didn't even post about her because she was already number #

I wonder sometimes if our sterile qt is overwhelming for young fish, in all the years before the internet I never kept a qt and hardly ever lost fish :(

I have more than my share of loss in the past few years now that I do things differently ; lol

But we continue to move forward :)

I hope your new little one is hanging in there I'm sure I'm not the only one excited to meet her ;)

I know what you mean, Shelly...............my Dad kept fish when I was young. There was NEVER any QTing At ALL! He did open the bag, clip it to the tank & let the water temps match up.....then he'd dump the fish AND the water right into the tank. I don't recall ALOT of fish deaths...but there MUST have been. ALSO, for the life of me, I can't remember Regular Water Changes. I think he'd, every now & then, take a bucket and scoop out some water, toss it out the door & replace it.(There was NO Python hose!!!) I don't even remember water conditioners of any type.

I know he didn't work NEARLY as hard at keeping the tanks as I do!!!!! And he truly loved the hobby!!!

They looks amazing! I love the dorsal fin, the patterns. Congrats :)

Very pretty fish! Congrats :)

I would just like to point out that Petsmart does not treat with Melafix or Pimafix. They treat with Quick Cure, which is something that you would not want to touch. So, just because their fish are "in line," it doesn't really say anything about the efficacy of Mela/Pimafix. It does say that Petsmart employees recommend something for QT that they themselves don't believe in enough to use.

Well, I got up this morning and found her dead. I just don't get it. I tried to do everything I could to give her the best chance. I am so sad.

oh no Jenna I am So Sorry :(

I'm sure you did everything you could have :)

(maybe the third time will be the charm ;)) when your ready that is :(

I appreciate your support!! For a minute I felt I'd take the QT tank down & give up. BUT your special support helped me realize I need to keep trying.I think when you experience these deaths in QT it makes you question your abilities!

It is unfortunate that there aren't more choices of places to go. But I will look around later & see what catches my eye.

Sorry jeana. :(

When 2 deaths occur in fish coming from the same source in the hands of an experienced fish keeper, I question the source, not the fish keeper. :hug

Hang in there. The right healthy fish will come your way.