help please fluval vicenza spraybar using the outtake pipe

jeffeve

hi

just bought got a fluval Vicenza and was wondering if anyone outthere has made a spraybar for the outtake that is with the tank.

if so what size pipe work did you use as I am struggling to find pipe work to make a spraybar.

does any one know where I could buy either 24mm or 30mm pipe work with in the u.k

thanks jeff

hi

the diameter of the outtake pipe is 30mm and the nozzle head that is on there at the moment is the fx5 output head which measures 24mm in diameter.so it is either pipe work to fit inside the 30mm which is 24mm, or pipe work which will fit over the 30mm pipe.i am running an fx5 filter on the tank.if I could get the 24mm then all I would need is 2 elbows a end cap and a 3ft length pipe

thanks jeff

No from the output bar that you see in the tank

I went on a small hunt & found that you have a B&Q in the UK (though I don't know much more than that), but basically any DIY store that sells PVC would work. You should be able to get a length of tubing that you can just drill some holes in it yourself for the spray bar, and they should also have elbows and an endcap to do what you are looking to do in your tank.

I do not know what sizes they have available though, so you may need to check around first, but I'm guessing that 21.5mm & 32mm's are most standard there, though there may be other options once in the store of sizes that are not as common.

I know a large number of fish owners that have done this for their custom tanks, in fact, here is a video from one that I know when he wanted to make one for his stingray tank here in Canada: