Meet Chubs the Oranda.

Was originally going to try and find another Ranchu but I found this guy, alone with a common Pleco. Immediately found someone working there and told them that having those fish together is bad and explained how they are terrotorial and like to attack and snack on goldfish as they are slow and clumsy little guys.

After bagging up the fish we talk about bowls and I express how I hate them with a passion and the guy who runs the fish department states that he doesn't sell them nor does he advise placing goldfish in them. He also states that they need at least 10 gallons for the first fish and then 5 gallons for any extra (not perfect but you know, close enough). Anywho. Here is Chubs the Oranda.

lVlfjdk.jpg?1

Thank you! He is still a little camera shy but certainly has character. So far he hasn't done anything bad to Spock and seems to enjoy the bubble fountain. I will try to get some better camera and pictures soon.

Awww thank you, you found my lionhead's new tank mate!! :D

I'm glad that the guy at the store was willing to listen where the pleco was involved. The owner at my LFS is super knowledgeable, but will not be challenged on any subject. Anyway, congrats on the new fish! I love that coloring the more I see it, and Chubs is a very befitting name :)

Hard to tell, I would say he is about 2.5" body with a 1-1.5" tail. Very rough gestimate but he is like 5 times bigger than my ranchu (Just shy of 2") which cracked me up.

:wub: I don't think I see a lot of Calico Oranda's at my lps. And Pom Pom's also! You really found yourself a beautiful fish. I am looking forward to seeing him get a lot bigger.