Had to say goodbye to one of my fish today.

Fear not, he has not died. Basically my gold and black oranda/fantail has constantly picked on Spock (my Ranchu). This was consistent, every day no matter what. He seemed very aggressive and was stressing spock. As such i asked around the office and a coworker has a tank with space for him.

So right now I am looking to get another fish as my tank has settled in nicely and all readings are looking stellar. My options are:

Calico Ranchu
Jet black Ranchu
Blue Ranchu
Blue Oranda
Chocolate Oranda.

I really want another Ranchu as they are slower and a bit clumsy in general so I believe they will do well together.

Palli, you have chus in Iceland! Grumble. Jealous. I have sent emails, messages everywhere in Norway, looking for a ranchu and all I get is abuse about wanting a misfoster og så videre.....

Whatever you choose, we definitely need pictures!!

Fear not, he has not died. Basically my gold and black oranda/fantail has constantly picked on Spock (my Ranchu). This was consistent, every day no matter what. He seemed very aggressive and was stressing spock. As such i asked around the office and a coworker has a tank with space for him.

So right now I am looking to get another fish as my tank has settled in nicely and all readings are looking stellar. My options are:

Calico Ranchu

Jet black Ranchu

Blue Ranchu

Blue Oranda

Chocolate Oranda.

I really want another Ranchu as they are slower and a bit clumsy in general so I believe they will do well together.

I'm sorry that you had to re-home a fish. I know it's tough. :hug

You have a choice for a blue ranchu!!! I am filled with envy like Susanne. I can't get a ranchu around here, they never have them anywhere. (I am over stocked so I tend not to think about it :rofl)

I understand the re homing thing as I have had to deal with two aggressive fish in the past :(

I hope you find the perfect balance for your tank :)

I am positive that I have, looking at Chubs and spock right now. Chubs is quite literally swimming in circles and Spock is waddling around munching sand.