Sign in to follow this  
dankriscurly

Dont throw those used Suckers away!

hey

Ever wonder why yr suckers always fails to work, warp or even flip back after mths in yr aquarium?

Dont throw them away yet!

Just drop them into a cup of boiling water & within 30seconds they are good as new and do what they do best, Sucks again :)

*tested on ehiem suckers

*discover this tips by chances lol

2013-06-25005313.png

Nice tip.

I so thought you were talking about lollipops and was really grossed out for a min lol

Nice tip.

I so thought you were talking about lollipops and was really grossed out for a min lol

The first time I saw a DIY article talking about a sucker, I had to look at the pictures to find out what it was, LOL.

For those who think these comments strange, in the US, a sucker may be a lollipop, a type of North American fish related to the carp, a shoot coming up from the root of a tree, a dupe or a fool, but not a "suction cup," which is what we call those things.

That's a great tip!

For the record, I also thought he was talking about lollipops. :rofl I was hoping we weren't going to start using them for bio media! :tomuch

how did you know I needed this tip right now!?!?

I hate the eheim suction cups, they are the worst. They work for about a month and then are dead :( I am going to try boiling mine tonight!

This is a great tip, and I needed this right now, too! :rofl

This made me laugh cos I thought this was about plecos as well then all of a sudden I click it and its suction cups! I was all "who'd throw a fish away!??" Awesome tip though I'm going to keep this in mind

This is a great idea! I've got a few stored that I never threw away so I'll give this a go! Can never have too many suction cups :rofl